Should I be aloud wearing what I want?

i have a boyfriend, and we've been together a long time, for the past 6 months he's been commenting on my clothes, and telling me what i can and can't wear. of course i can dress however i want if were alone, but if were in public i can't wear what i want. he tells me that my body isn't special if everyone gets to see it, and that seeing my body doesn't make him feel good anymore. i'm confident and like to wear what i want, i don't think i'm dressing in an un-modest way, just want to be able to wear shorts or a skirt in public.. but if i do he calls my slutty. should i be aloud or not aloud to wear what i want to considering i'm in a relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Should ask your boyfriend if his your father or your bf?

He sounds like his being unreasonable, but then again he just wants you all to himself? Maybe? Possessive maybe? In a way? Well your freaking 18, so why you can't wear what you want to wear is beyond me really.

What Guys Said 1

• He gets jealous when you wear sexy clothes because he doesn't like when you get attention from other men. I guess you can choose to wear whatever you want.

What Girls Said 3

• Dump him. No one is allowed to call you slutty and make you feel bad about yourself. You're doing all these things out of kindness and consideration for him. What is he doing to be kind and considerate toward you?

• Wear anything you want. He sounds really controlling, but he definitely isn't and shouldn't be in control of you. You're your own woman and if he tries to control or insult you for wearing clothes that you want to, then he either sounds really insecure, really possessive, or just a bad person.

• That feels a bit Cristian Grey of him.
    You're aloud to wear what you want, but it's up to you to decide how much a skirt is worth it.