Peeps who are single on Valentine's Day: Have you been thinking lately what you would do on Valentine's Day if you were in a relationship?

I've often wondered if my best romantic ideas arrive when I'm single and are displaced by seemingly more important ideas once I'm in a relationship and before they are used. Have you been thinking how you would spend a romantic day or evening with someone? What would you want to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is my first year being single on Valentine's Day. But when I was in a relationship which was about 11 months ago my ex would buy me a teddy bear or chocolate, nothing big because I didn't really ask for a lot on Valentine's Day. I see it just like any other day, next to Christmas of course. We never really did anything big on that day, I would exchange my gifts with him and he would exchange his gifts with me. This year I am going out and I am spoiling myself. Shopping and buying myself flowing and chocolate and everything from a to z.

What Girls Said 2

• it kind of depends on the dude. i like the whole... let's make this fancy. dress up, go someplace nice, exchange gifts. but i also like the whole... let's stay at home, put on some steaks and watch return of the king. i don't really like how commercialized v-day has become, but i would like to celebrate it once with someone in a romantic way.

• Regardless of relationship status, I don't do anything for Valentine's day. Once I think I got flowers... but I'm not sure if that was v day or another day honestly. And when I was married I bullied my husband into taking me out on a real date for Valentine's, and it sucked. V day is just... silly. You want to do something to show you live me, you have 364 other days to do it. Same goes for me... why do we need a special day?

• So, forget about Valentine's Day, for a romantic day or evening, what would you do? Shortly after we first met my SO said hiking, farmers market, cook dinner together - awsomeness. How about you?

• Oooh, I don't know. I tend to choose assholes that don't want to do anything. I love hiking and exploring, but I'm a terrible cook lol... I live in new Orleans so there's always something going on. I'd love to just go out on the town one night and explore the city. Just not bourbon street, lol. I work on bourbon, and I hate it. It doesn't have to be night, either, could be day while the French market is open, and all the shops. For me, its really just about spending happy time with my guy, regardless of what we're doing.

• Good answer. I've been to the Big Easy once, on the way to a buddy's wedding... in August. - hard on a West Coaster, humidity wise. Fun place, though. I think the best we can do is figure out who we are, embrace it, be a good person and enjoy life.

What Guys Said 3

• She couldn't stop me from buying her flowers, gift, and card. A walk together while holding hands, then watching a movie, or making a meal together, or whatever makes her smile. I've only had 1 Valentine's day while in a relationship. I bought her yellow roses, a silver necklace, and some perfume she really liked. Then we went to a place she liked and had dinner. On our way home she said "I was gonna buy you a card but then I saw something I wanted." So romantic. I still love her.

• Wow, I posted another question and had to double check you weren't responding to that one. Sometimes , distance in time allows freeness in thought to bring the perspective we need. I have found that to be true.

• Seeing as I'll be working that day, if I were in a relationship, I'd probably try to get off work early and head out for a late dinner which would probably be followed by a walk through the mall or the park.

• Sounds like a great idea - enough to show you care, but not crazy, over the top.

• I have not though that