Is 17 and 27 too big of an age gap?

I'm 17. I'll be 18 in a month. I've been seeing this 27 year old. We haven't had sex. We are very secretive about it until I am 1. I know girls say this a lot but I am very mature for my age. Like when I meet people they usually think I'm about 25 by looks and my personalitYalso my views on life. I've been through enough to have the maturity of basically a 40 year old. Some of my closest friends are in their late 20s such as customers from my work and I become friends easier with my teachers than other students when it comes to actually talking about life and such. One of my closest friends Is a 30 year old man and he said he always forgets that I am 17 because all that I understand about life. The guy I'm seeing is very young at heart he is a young bachelor who goes out on the weekends he is very financialy stable wi th his own house and car he is a dancer following his passion and making good money on it. I have always dated men older than me but never within a 10 year age gap but reasons Me and my exs usually break up is there not very mature and they are between 3-5 years older than me and I always felt like I was dating a child. Is it really that wrong

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not really wrong since you're about to turn 18 and you say that you are very mature. It's just that a lot of people would be skeptical about this because MANY girls say the same things as you, and it's kinda weird how a 27 year old pursues a girl 10 years younger than him.

What Guys Said 4

• It isn't really wrong, you are attracted to older men, nothing wrong with that. It's just who you are. You should be careful when around him because you are a minor still. Wait until you are 18 before you start letting your parents and others know.

• In ten years I wouldn't bat an eye, but right now, yeah.

• yeah every girl claims to be mature for her age and every girl also thinks they're the exception.
    the thing to wonder is why a 27 year old targets under age girls as his dating pool... there are plenty of legal aged girls who are suitable.

• Well it's not wrong. It's just a decade difference.

What Girls Said 6

• My mam and her boyfriend have a 13 year age gap but they are both consenting Adults. Mage is just a number but in times like this maybe you should be asking yourself why a man of 27 is waiting to be with a 17 year old girl..

• 17 and 27 is too big, no matter how mature you claim to be. So is 18 and 27/28, even though it's legal.

• Nope I completely get it

• too much of an age gap for me. some of the things he won't like off won't understand or relate to because of the age gap. but that's just me. power to you if you can Make it work.

• The real question is why is he interested in someone who is not yet legal? Age differences don't matter as you get older but I'd be weary about that man, especially since you're so young. Regardless if you're "mature for your age" YOU still have growing up to do. Where did you two meet?

• We work in the same area I was making a costumer a Sunday and the hot fudge machine exploded all over me and he was getting ice cream so we started laughing about it

• So you still don't know him all that well, I'd wait a while to get to know him.

• well am 22 and im with a man thats 40 i love evrything bout him