What's the best way to ask a guy out without embarrassing him?

Guys prefer to ask the girl out but next week I'm going to ask him out. I don't want to embarrass him because he might feel he should be the one asking me out.
Any recommendations on how I can ask him out?
Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Who say guys prefer it? Society aka women were the ones that set that standard and like sheep, we obey. what we PREFER is being asked out... shows the girl has initiative, unafraid, a go-getter... etc. Not some insecure little girl who waits to follow only. I give you two thumbs up and a big toe (can't give you the second big toe or i'll fall lol ) Go For It!!
    He won't be embarrassed, surprised and appreciative maybe.

• Hahah I like your comedy :p Thanks pal!

• lol, definitely welcome. I just hope it boosted you enough to try it out.

What Guys Said 15

• Like this, "Hey, wanna go out?"

• lol you think you're a prude? Honey I wouldn't have sex with someone I'm not married to. If that's not prudish I have no idea what that word means :P

• I actually would like a girl to ask me out.

• Coffee I find is an easy way. Meet for a coffee mid day. Everybody can use a pick me up maybe it can lead to lunch if you're lucky. Dinner if you're both interested.

• Just actually ask him out. This is the 2010 ' s not the 1950 ' s.

• Would have been easier to say " this is the 21st century not the 20th century" just saying.

• I'd like a girl to ask me out, maybe for something interactive like skating or minigolf or anything fun. Not that i would say no to something boring

• Guys are fine getting asked out.

What's irritating is when a fat/ugly girl asks you out like you're on her level, or a girl just tries hinting and dances around having to ask.

• well that's fuckin rude! if anything you should respect her for having the courage to even ask someone that's cuter out on a date

• @ClassyClaudia

Hey, plenty of women get irritated when a guy that's not in their league/short tries asking them out, haha.

And it's not as rude as some fat/ugly chick acting like she's in my league. That's just insulting.

• You might have not so accurate info there. Anyway, if you want to do the "what are you doing next Friday?" approach. And from there go towards the "how about..."

• Do it one on one, with no other people there. A lot less pressure on both of you.

• Just do it!!! Holy hell you would be saving the guy a lot of stress and confusion.

• How about saying to him," Do you want to go out with me?" If he says yes, suggest a meeting point, if not then argh it's awkward but that's how guys feel every time they get rejected.

• "Are one of ur friends single? I'd like to meet him".

And there you have it.

• Coming from a guy girls have a great asset make up and flirting guys like it don't be some one who you are not what is the worst that could happen

• wouldn't embarrass me in the slightest. can't imagine why it would.

• yeah i would prefer the girl to ask me out

What Girls Said 10

• This is so odd. I'm gonna ask my guy out too. I've been waiting for a while, and i just figure i might as well just ask him so i can get an answer or not. I'd just say ask if he's free sometime, and suggest a movie or an activity like skating or something.

• Apparently we are all in the same boat. I'm having some friends over... he knows them.. and as he's shy... I figure he might be more comfortable with others he knows for a hang out... We shall work our way to a date.

• I'm seeing him on Thursday and then on Friday but apparently he's been worrying that I'm going to Friendzone him on Thursday D:

• Get his number and invite him out for coffee then let him know that you like him in a way that is significant... a mature dude shouldn't mind a lady with initiative. Knowing someone is attracted to you is attractive. He might even enjoy having the burden of making the first move taken off his shoulders.

• I asked my now husband out 10 years ago. I waiting till we were alone instead of embarrassing both of us in front of a bunch of people. Lol. He said sure. Typical guy. Haha. But he did say if I didn't he was gonna ask me the following week when we saw each other. I don't think he will be as embarrassed as u think. Guys have feelings and a lot of them like to cuddle and be the little spoon. Plus asking him will be u being u. Taking charge and going for what you want is a good thing. So I would wait till your alone or call him and ask. Just be you! Guys don't like fake girls. :-D

• I just asked a guy out. I wasn't worried hed feel embarrassed it as worried I would lol

So I just went ahead and did it. I just said hey asked him how he was then told him I was planning on going to the park on Friday and asked him if he wanted to come.

( we didn't end up going bc it was butt cold :p but he took me to a friends party instead. )

He started being really nice to me after. He's always nice but he was really extra nice after. I think asking him out made him really happy. He's been so sweet since.

I think you should just think of something you want to do then ask if he wants to join you. If you're happy about it then he won't be embarrassed. He'll be happy:)

and if he's not intersted at least you will know. And now that you have experience, you can ask another guy out :-)

• It shouldn't be embarrassing at all. On the other hand, my boyfriend still didn't forgive me for kissing him first, and we have been together for almost 3 years :P
    So I guess it depends on the guy. If you ask him out casually in private, it should be fine. Don't worry :)

• That's so easy just be humourous and casual like yea we shd hang out some time yea let's talk crap over some drinks. and hell take it from there believe me men go 4what they want even if they look shy. I always get guys to go out with me don't be nervous just be light and chilled about it no stress.

• The more you over think it the more embarrassing it's going to be. Just be confident and do it. Don't think about it too much. If you're worried about embarrassing him then try ask him when he's not around friends

• don't ask him out with his friends around or ur friends around!

• I wasn't planning too, I was going to take him to a club and do it away from our friends xd

• I wasn't planning too, I was going to take him to a club and do it away from our frienkds xd

• *Sigh* This is 2015, it's not embarrassing to be asked out by the girl..

• I'm going off guys wanting to be the ones in control. Yes it's the 21st century but the tradition is the guy asks the girl out.
      I don't want to think I'm trying to take his manly status off him by doing it.

• You won't.. He'll probably even appreciate it. It's not like you are asking him to marry you, the girl can ask out just as well as the guy. Most guys aren't very manly or traditional anymore.

• that takes balls.

maybe just give him your number and let him know that youd love to hangout sometime