What am I meant to do about this situation?

I like this guy a lot and he likes me.. The only problem I have is that his Birthday is on my mums death Anniversary which is a massive put off for me.
What am I meant to do about it?
I might be depressed whilst he's celebrating his Birthday which I don't want :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it wasn't your fault nor his. Think that this day show the worse and the best in life. It reminds you of your mom and of him at the same time. It shows that life has very sad moments, but it can also bring you amazing things. This coincidence shows it all. Think about it and I think this may help. Don't forget what's gone and celebrate what you have.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you will get over it with time and while you are getting over it ask him to understand and I think he will

What Girls Said 2

• If you like him and he likes you it's just something you need to get through together. If you talk to him about it I'm sure he would understand and maybe you guys could celebrate his birthday and then another day have a rememberance for your mom. It's just something to talk about with him.

• We have spoke about it and he's offered to celebrate is a day after but I just think it's so unfair, it's not his fault its on the same day :(

• No it's not fair but compromise is a part of every relationship. he obviously cares about you that he would be alright with celebrating his birthday another day. Maybe after awhile you won't need to. Think of it as a blessing in disguise. Your mom might be gone but maybe she sent this guy to you so you could be happy. Just a thought.

• haha, umm are you that superstitious? it's just a coincidence. Sure you'll be sad, and he'll understand. pretty simple

• No I'm not. I just mean because I don't want to be all depressed on his Birthday whilst he's all happy and stuff. It could possibly spoil his day :(