Dinner OR Ice-Skating?

So, my bf and I were talking about what to do for V-Day and he suggested dinner and I suggested ice-skating. I would love to go to dinner with him, but I have a problem with eating in front of him. I really hate it. I get so nervous. I feel like he really wants to do the dinner thing more than the ice-skating, but I am really scared to eat in front of him. I have before, but it gives me major anxiety and I always feel like crap afterwards. I barely even eat much because I get so anxious about it. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• Ice skating, then dinner?
    If you don't like eating in front of him, thennnn...

order small ! 1/2 bite size treats/desserts/entrees'
    depending on the restaurant, some may cut your meals into your desired choice.
    ( you will have to ask. ) :P

It's Valentine's Day, Not survive the end of the world.
    Have fun, Live a wittle, Enjoy what your boo has to offer !

( he wants dinner because we men, enjoy eating, sometimes more than woman. ) (not kidding... )

xoxo

• Yeah, my bf loves food. I just had dinner with him and his parents tonight actually. I was so anxious the whole time and I felt like crap because I ate too much and even had desert. I really don't want to go through that again. I feel bad though, because I don't want him to have to suffer just because of my craziness.

• I used to be borderline anorexic and still struggle with eating from time to time. I just don't eat much anymore and I get anxious about eating around anyone in general.

• Intense fear of weight gain huh...
      Well, Your a young woman so, Let's hope your knockers aren't all grown to size yet.
      ...
      ...
      As for being anxious eating around anyone, jeesh, just pretend everyone else is invisible,
      It's just you, in your own little world ~

xoxo

• Dinner everybody loves food

What Girls Said 4

• I would say Ice skating but you shouldn't be nervous to eat around him eventually you will have to get comfortable with it.

• Go ahead and tear that food up in front of him girl. Eating is what we all do. Each person eating differently from the other. Never decline food.

• Well I don't know how to ice skate so my choice is dinner, but maybe there's something else y'all can pick other than dinner or ice skating? another shared interest where you're both at ease?

• Go to a therapist to figure that out... it isn't normal but that is okay.