Afraid to never have a love life?

I'm 22, and I never had a boyfriend. I always had crush on guys, never tried to make the first step. I've been hiding my feelings all the time, because I wasn't ready.
I won't say I'm ugly, but I'm not pretty. I'm not fat but I'm not thin, I have curves but I fit into regular size clothes shops.
When I found out someone seems attracted I runaway..
When I see a kind of girl like me with a good looking guy, it gives me hope but when I see my kind of guy don't even take a look at me, I told myself I'm done.
I don't look for a good looking guy, I just want to find my perfect match (great personality, someone who share my values).
Since I left studies, I have no where to meet someone! My work is only myself, I don't like sports, or any kind of group activities.

In fact, I have a crush on a stranger, I found him on Facebook but Im really afraid to be rejected!
I asked the guy if he already been where I saw him. And he never went to my city at all. At least, I've learn something, that's not that hard to ask something!
I think, my only option left is to wait to see him again. I WILL talk to him!

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe you answered your own question, fear etc I've been hiding my feelings all the time, because I wasn't ready.

Open up, express yourself etc

What Guys Said 4

• I recommend a cat.

• Yep me too. I gues some people just aren't cut for that sorta stuff.

• This is all from your own perspective.. If you keep stopping your self by saying the things you do.. You will be in this same place forever!!
    Start liking your self for who you are. Then that will lead to loving your self then respecting your self. And there is nothin more attractive than a woman that loves and respects her self !!! Also people can see.. You are closed off.. The more you love and respect your self the more you will appear to be open.. To other people.
    I hope this helps.

• I understand what you mean. Thanks!

• You welcome. I hope it helped!

• I'm a little older than you and I've never had a girlfriend

• Do you know why?

• Not going out enough, never had many friends and neither a large social circle either, Asperger's too

What Girls Said 4

• Awww!
    You're a beauty in hiding.
    Take the plunge.
    Dating and developing adult relationships is an art.
    It does no come naturally.
    You deeply fear rejection, like we all do.
    Make some moves.
    Ask some guys out somehow.
    Face your fears.
    I love you just like all the other Gaggers here.
    Love will work for you but you have to give it a little assistance.
    Next lesson.
    Sex!
    Wonderful, all consuming, getting down, sex.
    :))

• You're right, I fear rejection but at the same time I don't get deeply attached to people I meet. I never had a best friend, I could count on!
      I'll to flirt but that's not easy!

• Thank you for your words! I'll try to love myself and love others!

• You probably can't find real love here on GAGG.
      I would if I thought I could.
      but people like you make GAGG important to people like me.
      so thanks for your heart
      you have mine
      :))

• I mean what do you do for yourself? do you have any interests? to attract a good guy, you need to be at the same level as him too. I'm talking about similar interests/hobbies and goals.

• I do have hobbies and interests!

• What about goals?

• I already have done my careers goals, but I still have the travel goals to do!

• OMG!!! You just described me. I'm 21 and never had a boyfriend cause I run away from everyone. I've been asked out a couple times but I always push people away. I think it's my insecurity though and I'm scared to get attached to someone and then get hurt. I also have problems myself and I don't think I'd want to put them on someone else. I want someone who has similar interest as me and similar personality. That'd be great. But knowing me I'd probably push them away too. D:

• We all get hurt though part of life

• Im scary too! And I don't want to get attach to someone because I don't want to be hurt, I think. If you want to we can talk in pm

• U will need to step out of your comfort zone, if you continue to be where you are you would really be single. Time tk make a change. Slowly open up yourself and not be shy. Learn to flirt with guys.
    Also participate in activities.

• I wish I could participate to activities but the ones out there are only for kids, teens or grandmas.