Do you typically date older, or younger people than yourself?

And do you know what causes this?

• Older
  • Younger
  • Same age? c'mon. ^.~
  • Again with the extra options..

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I've only had 2 boyfriends. One was 9 months older, the other is 4 years older.

I've tried dating younger and it didn't go well.

I'm quite mature for my age and I also don't look my age. I get annoyed with the young outlook and also the whole "travel now, live life, yeahhhhh" isn't me. I'm a "get nice job, get nice house, settle down, have family" part of my life. I sort of skipped the middle stage. I went from being 12 to being middle aged very quickly. I think that's why I prefer older men.

Most Helpful Guy

• I always only dated the same age. Girls a grade higher weren't even seen or girls a grade lower were simply rejected.

What Girls Said 21

• I've always dated older guys. It's like the closer we are in age the worse things go XD

• My "preference" is same age or a couple years older or younger. My rule of thumb is never to date a guy old enough to be my father or young enough to be my son. So I am open minded to date older and younger if within that age range.

• I've met guys older than me, acting like a 5 year old child and guys 3/4 years younger, acting like a 24 year old guy. So.. it doesn't matter

• Same age. Just easier hat way. Age can't be used as an excuse to explain away problems or misunderstandings or confusion. It's easier to know if we get a long the fewer things they have to be accounted for.

• Out of three boyfriends, I've dated two that were younger so I typically date younger guys.

• Generally, five to seven years younger.

Though I'm open to dating any age so long as they're not so young that I could have given birth to them or so old that they could have fathered me.

• Same age or older... My boyfriend is older than me by a year.

• I date around my age or older. Most younger men do not understand my life and have no experience with it, and most are still quite immature.

• Age is not an issue, I date whoever I like. :)

• Older is my preference

• Typically older, but my current bf is 2 years younger & my high school bf was my age exactly.

• I prefer to date someone older. My bae is 3 years older than me.

• Older my bf is 20 it works and he's great with me knows how to treat me unlike stupid school boys just want one thing

• It's always gonna be older.

• Older!!! 😍😍😍
    I mean in general girls date older and guys date younger (if they aren't the exact same age).

• Probably the same age and older.

• Same age. More in common

• I like to try and stay within the 2-3 year range -- either younger or older.

• Younger and i have no idea it just turns out that way. Usually older guys dont approach me at all.

• Older. I prefer guys in their 30s. That's my ideal. I just rarely click with guys my age. He's gotta be at least 25 tbh.

And well obviously not younger cuz I'm still technically a teenager myself

• Younger actually but that's not a preference, it's just sort of happened that way. I've never dated anyone more than a year younger. I suppose it's cause I'm quite young (19) , both my ex boyfriends were in my school year haha, and my birthday's in October so I'm older than most people in my school year. That said they were both guys who were pretty young in the year. And the biggest age gap is between me and my current boyfriend; he's 11 months younger. I don't know, maybe 'cause I'm nurturing and go for guys who show vulnerability

What Guys Said 8

• I have dated a girl that was 2 months older than me, but a whole year ahead in Uni and a girl 2 years younger than me, so I guess in that range? I guess I would date down to 19-20 though if they were mature enough.

• All the girls I've chatted up/been in a relationship with in the past were older except for the current one. Actually no there was one girl in there who was younger but she lied about her age and said she was older than she was.

• where's the option " i don't care about age"?

• Weirdly, most of my girlfriends have been 1-4 years older than me apart from my high school sweet heart.

What's shaping up as my next is 6 years younger though. It's out of her and one who is 4 years younger and one who is 3 years younger.

• Only my age or younger is possible at my stage of life.

• Neither! I don't date :D

• I've never actually considered it.

• Depends on the gender. :P