Is this a bad sign?

When I'm talking to my boyfriend... I don't know how to explain it very well so here's an example: he said "so, how are you?" i said "I'm good, a bit behind of my work unfortunately.. What about you?" he said "it's been fine" so I asked "it's?" He said "I meant I'm alright haha" then I said "haha ah fair enough. That's good" and he said "so how's your day" ... I guess what I'm trying to say is i feel like he's only talking to me because he thinks he has to... I know I didn't exactly keep the conversation alive but recently he just doesn't seem interested in what I have to say? If that makes sense..

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes perfect sense. It might just be time for you to talk to him about it. Let him know how you feel. It may or may not end in the way you plan. But at least you made the effort to talk to him, that should mean something.

• Yeah, you're completely right. How would I go about talking to him about it?

What Guys Said 1

• You're looking too much into it. Who cares if he says he's fine or it's fine. It is life, meaning, "life is fine." What if he's busy, so he's taking the time to respond but is getting back to what he's doing? What if he doesn't mean anything by it. Then your head is spinning out of control, and he's totally innocent of whatever you're imagining.
    I assume this is some SMS conversation. Text messaging is the death of communication; there is too much room for misinterpretation. If you want to talk, let him hear your voice.
    The best way to keep a conversation alive is by asking people questions. "How are you" and "how is your day" are questions you can ask anyone. Try, "what was the most fun thing you did all week?" or "if you could be doing anything right now, what would it be?" Anything light and fun. Show him you're interested in him and what he's doing.

• Okay thanks! No no I didn't mean it like wtf do you men's by "It's"

What Girls Said 2

• I know what u mean. Pretty shitty feeling

• I don't think it's a bad sign if you count on this: The guy likes you enough not to hurt your feelings by not talking enough with you.

But you need to make him more interested in your day. You can do that by doing something unexpected: go hiking, climbing or just draw or write something awesome. Be more unpredictable.

• Yeah, I get what you mean... I just don't want to have to do unpredictable things just to interest him.. But it's probably a good idea...