I have boyfriend issues. What should I do?

Ok so I've been with my boyfriend for a little over a year, but we have known each other for 6 years. We don't see each other as much, because we moved a little far from each other and his mom dislikes me. I have a great best friend who is always there for me, (he's really affectionate and always helps me with my problems) but lately I've been developing some sort of attraction to him. Like thoughts of wanting to kiss him and such. I love my boyfriend and I would never cheat on him, but when I told him about this attraction (to be honest with him) he calls me even less than before and we have awkward silences which we never used to have. I have tried to get rid of the feelings, but my best friend always does something (without knowing it) to make the feelings come back. What makes this worse is that he is also dating someone and he is very happy with her. I'm not sure if why I have these feelings is because I'm a little more closer to him since I see him more often, or if I just like the attention or what. All I know is that I just need to get rid of these feelings before something bad happens. Anyone out there for advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tough situation this one. The best way of getting rid of feelings for someone is really not seeing the person at all and time takes care of it. But I think that it's not an option here. You just don't stop those things all of a sudden. Try to do something new with your boyfriend, try to be closer to him than from your friend and see what happens.

• Thank you for your insight! :D

What Guys Said 1

• Make a choice, don't string him along.

What Girls Said 0