Should I be mad at my boyfriend? What should I do?

A few months ago I was on my boyfriends phone and I saw that he was texting another girl. When I read the text I saw that he called this girl named Makayla "Princess Makayla" and that he asked her to FaceTime. I was really mad and hurt since we've been going out for 8 months and I felt really close to him. After I saw that he tried to defend himself by saying that he was trying to make her feel better because she was having a bad day. And to make things even worse Makayla lives in Canada and she met my boyfriend through social media. My boyfriend stopped talking to her and unfollowed her on Instagram and told me she was gone forever and that it was just us. Then I found out that my boyfriend started following her on Instagram again and was liking all of her selfies, he didn't like the pictures of anything else just the pictures of her face. I approached him about it and he said that she's his friend and that she helped him thought hard times. He even said that our relationship is based off of her because she helped him ask me out. I'm really mad at him but he still won't stop with Makayla even after I asked him too. I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's only friendship it's ok. Trust him this time, but try to stablish some limits, something very reasonable that both of you will agree. Keep an eye on him then and watch his behavior with her. If things are going beyond the limits, confront him.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know how he feels about her, but I wouldn't take that crap from you. I'd tell you she's my friend so deal. I'm not cutting people who I like or are important to me out of my life just to meet other people's demands. That seems too controlling to me.

• He has the right to talk to her but if he were a good boyfriend, he'd at least cut back on talking to her. He should be completely devoted to you

What Girls Said 3

• Do nothing. If you show him that you are secure enough to let him talk to other girls, and that you aren't jealous about that, he should appreciate your trust and it will make him more likely to confide in you. No one likes to hear 'I don't trust you', which is what he hears when you tell him you don't like him talking to other girls.

• Calm down... I don't understand all these jealous girls... Who cares if your boyfriend is talking to another girl? Like it isn't a big deal/ He is allowed to have female friends. Why are you dating him if you don't trust him?

• Just be like oh I'm so grateful she helped us get together, let me thank her myself, I'm gonna add her and say thanks lol