How to know if you're in love?

So I've been dating this guy for over a year. We said I love you to each other on our one year anniversary, because we wanted to wait for a special moment to do so. We've met each other's parents a couple of times and etc . etc . We both really care about each other and make sure we are doing everything we need to be healthy and successful. We try to be very mature in our relationship. We've danced together at school dances, and he kissed me on the cheek once, but that's the closest we've ever gotten. We've never hugged, held hands, or any of that stuff. So how do I know if this is love or just a relationship? I think this is love, but everyone else is making me doubt myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• When you care about that person more than yourself.

What Guys Said 3

• It's love if you feel it's love. If you're sure you feel it just don't care about what others will say. And if it's love then maybe it's time to start doing those things already.

• Sounds like love to me. I don't know what these "others" are thinking but they're wrong. You are definitely in love, that much is obvious.

• You will know when you feel it

What Girls Said 1

• You'll feel it deep in your soul that he's right for you