Would you ever date someone who has been in pshyciatric hospital?

I, my self, was in a pshyciatric hospital for about 2 weeks due to attempts of suicide. Although you never get cured of going through that, I'm all well now. I'm studying a career, taking care of my self and having friends and not feeling depressed anymore. I'm all over it, but still have that in my past, and though I don't consider it as something that identifies me, it did mark me. Would you ever consider on dating someone who has been through all that? I would never tell that in the begining of dating, but would it make you leave in the moment you know it?

Updates:
So, according to what you said, you would admire that person, not freak out?

0|0
5|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for a month and my boyfriend knows this. He even knows that I still battle with depression a lot. I actually told him about all of my mental issues before we even started dating. He still wanted to date me, though. :) I would date someone who had been to one. I actually did before.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, is great that to find someone that loves you for who you are!

What Guys Said 3

• Yes it wouldn't be problem for me to date
    someone whose been in psychiatric hospital
    my ex gf was in state hospital

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, Iight just be a little worried about the person. But if they are a good person I don't see why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.  

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Nah, to be honest it shows what a strong person they are having been brought all that and come out on top.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been in the mental institution twice AND been a stripper. Yet I'm in a relationship. Chin up, darling. It means you have character.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry to say but I wouldn't.

I wouldn't want them to go back to the way they were before. Because If I end up falling in love with them, it would break my heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes and i would admire that person from what he went through and i f get to marry that person i could raise my kinds with that example on how to fight against adversity and be a happy person.

0|0
    0|0