Would you ever date someone who has been in pshyciatric hospital?

I, my self, was in a pshyciatric hospital for about 2 weeks due to attempts of suicide. Although you never get cured of going through that, I'm all well now. I'm studying a career, taking care of my self and having friends and not feeling depressed anymore. I'm all over it, but still have that in my past, and though I don't consider it as something that identifies me, it did mark me. Would you ever consider on dating someone who has been through all that? I would never tell that in the begining of dating, but would it make you leave in the moment you know it?

So, according to what you said, you would admire that person, not freak out?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for a month and my boyfriend knows this. He even knows that I still battle with depression a lot. I actually told him about all of my mental issues before we even started dating. He still wanted to date me, though. :) I would date someone who had been to one. I actually did before.

• Oh, is great that to find someone that loves you for who you are!

What Guys Said 3

• Yes it wouldn't be problem for me to date
    someone whose been in psychiatric hospital
    my ex gf was in state hospital

• Yeah, Iight just be a little worried about the person. But if they are a good person I don't see why not.

• Never.  

What Girls Said 4

• Nah, to be honest it shows what a strong person they are having been brought all that and come out on top.

• I've been in the mental institution twice AND been a stripper. Yet I'm in a relationship. Chin up, darling. It means you have character.

• I'm sorry to say but I wouldn't.

I wouldn't want them to go back to the way they were before. Because If I end up falling in love with them, it would break my heart.

• yes and i would admire that person from what he went through and i f get to marry that person i could raise my kinds with that example on how to fight against adversity and be a happy person.