This sucks so much, I don't know what I do wrong?

This sucks :(
Me and this guy met in Nov. We were going on dates, and we had sex. He just he got out of a 7 year relationship a month before. In the beginning he even said "but I'd like to be with you aside from the sex is what you fail to realize" He even said it would be nice to have a girlfriend but he is looking for someone to settle down with. He texted me every day, told me he likes me a lot. We would hang out without having sex. He talked about meeting parents and maybe taking me to his best friend's wedding in May. He always holds my hand. When I was studying at Starbucks one night he came out to see me, no sex. one day he was acting distant and I went crazy texting him 50 times. he told me he was done. we went a week without talking and then we grabbed lunch 2 weeks ago. he paid, and we didn't have sex. The next day I invited him to my new years eve party, and he declined. he then told me he's not looking for a relationship. I asked him if there were feelings and he said "I did have feelings" and he said "Idk what I want and I dont want to lead you on." Then I asked if this was my fault and he said "it definitely isn't you" Then we ended up talking about meeting up to have sex and hang out. Before we met up he seemed hesitant and told me that he doesn’t want me throwing this in his face that all he wanted from me was sex. He also told me he doesn’t want me thinking this is anything more than what it is. We ended up meeting up to have sex and then we went to lunch. During lunch he said “you’re the best." Last week I asked him if he wanted to meet up to have sex and he said "can't have class" then I said "when can you" he said "idk shay in class can't talk" then I asked if he still wanted to have sex in general, and he didn't answer. Hours later I apologized for asking and he said "it's ok babe." it's been 4 weeks, haven't heard from him.

1. Was I just sex to him or did he actually have feelings for me?
2. What did I do wrong?

What Guys Said 1

• You gave it up too fast and got too clingy.

What Girls Said 1

• Are you the same as this one?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1328716-why-is-he-doing-this-to-me-i-feel-like-i-ve-done-something-wrong

Wrong? You? Nothing really you ARE the best, as he said.
    You are barking up the wrong tree, that's all.
    7 years can be abusive on a guy... obviously blamed for many things back then, even sexual appetite = why he hesitates to be whipped over that again, become a slave to it, even USE you for it = nice guy but whipped.

Considering you have tried EVERYTHING + w/o sex, this experiment seems done, overdone, finale. There's just not SPARK to get this love engine running & humming along. I feel it's not you, not him but HER. So why invest more time in a guy that will forever be crippled over thoughts of HER? ... even IF she was evil.

I don't see a life preserver for this, even with all the tricks I can muster for you - they all seemed doomed. Time to shop for someone eager for your hugs, kisses