I hate feeling left out?

My bf is going to NY for the day with his two brothers mom and step dad and his mom doesn't want me to go. We have been together 4 years and I'm hurt that I can't go. I thought they saw me as family as I am always invited to everything. My bf said to his mom he won't go if she doesn't stop being rude and excluding me and that we have been together long enough that we should be taken seriously. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why go somewhere where you're not wanted by a particular person? Save yourself the trouble and don't go. You will feel uncomfortable and awkward for trying to force your way through. I know it must bother you that the mother want you there but just do her that favor and don't stress about it.

What Guys Said 1

• if its only this time its not an issue.. people need break

• Welly bf wants me to go. If his mom doesn't want me there for whatever reason then I'm not gonna go

• if thats the case his mother dont like you than...

• Omg if my bf was the one who didn't want me to go then I would seriously reevaluate the relationship if he doesn't want me included in family things after 4 years as we are both adults.

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds like a family day trip. I wouldn't even worry about it especially if they're trying only take one car.

• No they are taking the train. My bf always told me they see me as family. He said he is insulted because he says his mom may see it as a family trip but him being 28 he should be allowed to take the women that is family to him especially after 4 years. I told him well clearly I'm not wanted so I'm not going to go.

• Maybe she just wants to spend some quality time with her actual family. Dosent mean anything. Nor does it mean he and his mom dont love you, she just wants time with her kids and husband.

• Maybe his mother feels like if you dont come he will be more with her, like a mom-son day or something. An knows that if you come he is going to stay all the time with you.

• I mean his step dad is going its not like its just mothe and son. Its a day trip and he is 28 years old I think it is time to let go. NYC is usually note fun as a group thing anyways. I just don't get the big deal honestly. Most people bring their so to that type of thing especially after 4 years together.

• Yeah i know he is going with his step dad, but anyway, mothers are like this sometimes.
      I mean, its the only reason I can think of.