When guys find a married type and they want to accomplish goals for the future, why are they afraid to commit?

I'm 34 and will never understand why guys are afraid of commitment when they have goals. No doubt this guy likes me and treats me like we are in a relationship at times but he can't commit. We separated and then he came back in less than two weeks. I want to grow with him. Why are guys afraid to take a leap of faith?

Most Helpful Guy

• you're kinda old to commit to. You should have done rhis a decade ago.

• Lol I look a decade younger

• The guy yourr fucking is eight years younger get it straight.

• He is still here. I left him and he came back. Age don't matter to me it's how a couple feel when they are together. He treats me like his woman. I just think he's shy and may be something he's dealing with on the inside. He is happy right now and he has a plan. He's trying.

What Guys Said 1

• Because if things don't work out, our finances, legal, and living situations can be totally fucked overnight, despite the years of work it takes to build ourselves. Choosing the wrong woman is big danger, and since 50% of marriages end in divorce (67% filed by women), it would seem men aren't good at picking women. Seems prudent to fear commitment.

What Girls Said 4

• Some guys won't commit bc they know they can't provide for you and them at the time. Ultimatum him and prepare to leave if you want more

• He says he likes you but doesn't enough to marry you
    Men have no committing... just to the RIGHT girl

• Well I told him that I feel like I'm not what he's looking for sometimes and he says that it's not one sided

• What?

• He's prob a player. He needs to keep you admiring him and in his full control. He can also be more appealing to prospective mistresses if he doesn't have a wife. They believe they have more chance with him.
    I also think people who are immature and can't put anyone else first, tend to be eternal batchelors. Think you need to find yourself a man and not a boy!!

• It's not all men, it's the men you are attracted to.