Would you turn down someone because you don't like his or her voice?

Do you think it's important to like his or her voice too?

Would you be willing to overlook the voice if the personality or the looks are exactly what you're looking for?

http://youtu.be/1DJ8B1ek_L0

http://youtu.be/0HfuxgQJ8sk?t=1m36s

• Yes, I would.
  • No, that's shallow.
Start at 1:36 in the second video.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm fine with normal voices but if it's obnoxious then it's a dealbeaker unless she's willing to wear a muzzle.

sorry but I just couldn't listen to this every day 😨

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RjN4dgNnm44

• 😨 I think I sound like that when I'm nervous

• I don't know

that could be it!

• thanks bubble

What Guys Said 13

• Guilty I'm shallow if a woman is very attractive but when she opens her mouth to speak and my spine starts to de calcify then I do not continue to see her not even for all the sex offered I like to have a conversation with women so voice is very important.

Women are guilty of this too I once took part in a study at Stanforf University as a test subject the subject was female attraction to a male voice.

The women were hooked up to monitors to record their respirations, skin temp, heart rate, pulse,

One by one 7 different men myself included were walk into the room where the individual wornen were seated they could not see us just hear our voices.

My voice is very very deep and each time I spoke the readings registered very high the grad student monitoring the study she commented according to the readings my voice was "drop their panties" quality.

• Oh.. that poll part about it being shallow is not my personal opinion, but what I suspect people would say who think they shouldn't turn down people for their voice... like they shouldn't for their looks.

I know that women are guilty of it too. I tried to ignore it, but I learnt it the hard way that it's something you will never get used to.

LMAO yes, such drop their panties voices do exists in men and women xD they usually get hired for radio advertising and such.

• they need deep voices in cartoons?

• Ha ha ha not often but I also do voices not impersonations just can move up or down on the timber and speed of my pitch kind of hard to explain on here

• Agreed with cavmanier. Voice doesn't matter nearly as much as what she has to say, how she says what she wants to convey, etc.

Obviously, at a certain point a woman's voice can become so deep as to not be one of her better features, but even then it's not a dealbreaker.

• Do you also agree with what he said about the girl in Bandit74's video?

Isn't the voice kind of like physical beauty? It it's pretty, it can get away with saying more crazy stuff that you wouldn't accept from a voice that sounds bad to you.

• I mean, yeah, not gonna lie; it matters a little bit and it can play a role in attraction. Generally speaking, though, I think actual tone typically plays a bigger role withuwomen than it does with men. Or at least, women voice the preference more often than men do.

The woman is bandits video doesn't have the worst voice in the world. The way she presents herself is not the most flattering, though. She seems like she got bonked over the head or something. LOL

• Obviously certain voices can be more attractive, but I find the persons tone and intent behind what they say much more important than their pitch. Her voice would have to be really deep for it to be a deal breaker. Fran Drescher's voice is not unattractive. Her tone was unattractive when playing certain characters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-y4Yf6Znjk

• here's the real video. Gag messed up the link

• Her pitch isn't unattractive to me. The emotion that comes through is. Her mind seems to lack thought or much control. She's spurting out erratic emotions. She seems stuck in a dazed mood.

• I just read your opinion again. I didn't know there was a difference between tone and voice. I thought it's the voice that can change, but it's actually the tone that changes.
      I remember reading a interview where she explained she was the one who invented that exaggerated nasal voice/tone for the nanny show because everyone was taking jabs at her real voice.

What you said about the girl in Bandit's video.. Did she already let her emotions come through in the first scene where she was introducing herself to the audience? She sounded normal to me there, not nervous.

• I would, if I found a girl's voice to be really annoying or really awkward I wouldn't deal with that.

• noway... i don't care about voice, as long as i can understand what she says

• Yes I would I can't take that chicks voice the one in the video

• Haha, I sing. So I tend to be a little... sensitive to people's vocal qualities ;)

• 99% of guys would not turn a girl down just cause of her voice its not like with women how they actually see a man's voice as a important characteristic.

• I don't know if it would be a deal breaker or not but man that would be annoying lol

• Yes, I couldn't stand a woman who talks like Janice from Friends

• yeah. voice is one of the attractive attributes of a person!!!

• I reallylike to have long talks so this would be a problem

• There are some voices that you just hear and you think, "I cannot listen to this person speak day after day after day."
    That being said, I could probably deal with most annoying voices if what they said was cool.

What Girls Said 6

• It's super important to me. If i can't stand your voice... Not good. But most people have normal voices. Very few have reallly terrible voices. And that's usually women. From my experience.

• Yes i would. I like the drop the patties voice.

• If it is awkward , then I won't

• If you sound like Gilbert Gotfried, we aren't dating.

• i can't wait to see when we argue. XD

• I'm not a too shallow person, but personally voice is important to me.

• yeah, me too. I just thought that would be exactly what someone who votes no would say.