Should I date my best guy friend?

So I've been really close friends with this guy for about 4 years now, we met shortly after graduating college through my now ex-husband. I went through a tough divorce 2 years ago and this guy has been by my side the whole time, at the time of divorce I was pregnant so now I am the single mother of a 2 year old girl. He is always around for us, we see him practically every weekend and just recently he expressed he has feelings for me.

I feel responsible for this partly because we did hook up a few times already and I have told him time and time again that i feel like i'm using him and I no longer want to do that. I think we're just both lonely and have a great connection but I don't think is love. He says he loves me and wants to be with me and I'm not sure what I feel for him. I don't think it's love, I've never really been attracted to him, he's not bad looking and I'm pretty hot (not conceited i swear but I do get hit on a lot!) and it would definitely be a case of people wondering how we ended up together (you know those couples I'm talking about).

So I've tried to convince myself to give him a chance but I feel guilty because a part of me is still waiting to meet that man who's going to make me fall madly in love and with him I've never felt that, I just like being around him and I don't want him to go away because he truly is my best friend. I'm so conflicted, help anyone? Will it be best if I just tell him to move on and find someone else but me? I feel awful.

Most Helpful Guy

• You again :p I personally wouldn't date him if I were you. It sounds like you want to be in serious love with the person you're with. He sounds like a nice friend but I think you can find a person you're more sexually attracted to. If you're really lonely and don't want to wait, date him I guess. If you want to wait until you're really in love with a person, then I"d wait.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes I think you should date him. You have a good friendship which is good a basis for a relationship. Before you start a relationship with him, speak to him, if things don't work out, and no one does anything wrong, can we return back to having a friendship.

• I think you should tell him about all this conflict you're feeling. Let him know about everything. Then talk to him about it. I think this will help you a lot, clarify things to him and maybe also to you.

What Girls Said 1

• It's up to you if you want to give him a shot, but since you guys are friends you got to promise to each other that if this doesn't work, you're gonna go back to the friendship you had before.