Ladies... do you prefer a guy that can cook?

Do you prefer a guy that can cook really well? Is it a trait that is a must have in a guy? Is it unattractive when a guy can't cook for you?

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be great if he can cook but AWESOME if he can grill and/or bake. I'm already a good cook so any complimentary skills he can bring to the table are great. Everyone has different interests though so it's okay if he doesn't cook.

• I think it is a really important thing to learn... I find cooking to be very relaxing. I also find a lot of my guy friends are seeing the rewards of being able to cook for themselves and their girl. Especially this time a year so close to Valentine's day. I will be spending all day Saturday in the kitchen! Can't wait!

Thanks for your comment.

• Thanks again!

• Very true!

What Girls Said 8

• It's definitely not a problem if he can't cook at all. I love when a guy can cook even basic things because I think it's simply an important life skill to have. However, it's totally fine if he can't.

• It is an important life skill... I think the majority of my university buddies would have starved or been 300 lbs from eating junk all the time if I did not lived with them hahaha

By the basics you mean something like Homemade Cheddar Broccoli soup with grilled/smoked provolone and baby spinach stuffed chicken breast sandwich with sprouts and a spicy mayo sauce on potato bread? lol jk

• I love cooking but if he can make a few things for times when I'm just not feeling good... Awesome! Not a requirement though.

• yes i like, so that we can cook together.
    if he can't cook, it is not unattractive but i prefer him to be able to.

• It's not a requirement but if he can cook yea it's a good thing.

• It's a bonus since I suck.
    It's not a must have.
    It's not unattractive if he can't cook.

• its not necessary but its definitely nice if he can cook

• If he can bake too then yes...

• It's not a "must have" but it's a huge plus if he can! ;)

• So you can obviously cook well yourself.

• Common sense prevails that if it is not a must have then you can likely get by :)

• Haha well that is true I guess! But anyone can cook. You just have to find a good recipe and follow the instructions :)

What Guys Said 0