What do men look for first when reading a woman's profile online?

#GAGExpertChat Hi! I'm just getting ready for my dating expert chat shortly.

I'm wondering what you all think about this? What's most important? Do you think it's just one or a combination?

Ladies, what do you go for in a man?

This is just a bit of fun to get the conversation started!

• Cute Face
  • Hot Body
  • Funny
  • Amazing personality
  • Intelligence
Do you think people are too fussy when it comes to finding a partner?

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually it's how attractive she is. Maybe they read the profile, if they're serious about wanting to know you. If they deem a woman very attractive in their heads, and they aren't serious about making any other type of connection they'll just skip right to the sex questions. Or covertly, can I see a picture and you'll already have like 10posted, there's nothing more to see.

What I go for in a man. Usually it's a cute face. I don't want to be so close to someone that I wouldn't like visually. I'm not one of those attraction grows type people. His general energy he's giving off in a picture. If he reads extreme pansy, vain, or douche than I'll skip over hIm. If I think he's decent then I'm looking out for syntax in general.

• I think men sometimes like collecting female photos purely for their own ego. Women do tend to try to read male photos in more detail... sometimes too quickly P. s What sites have sex questions? That's not common in the UK

• What's too quickly? In your opinion. It's when someone happens to private message you, you know.

What Girls Said 20

• I think guys definitely look at the face/body first before venturing further into the profile. After all, your looks is what draws people in at first, online OR offline. A close second would be the content of the profile itself - how detailed is it? Does it sound like she has a good personality, cool interests or hobbies? What's her lifestyle like - smoker, party person, drinker, etc. Is she educated? On that note - how's her grammar in the profile? I know that if I was looking for dates online, bad grammar would be a big deterrent. Things like that.

• I agree with you. Do you think bad grammar would be that important if she was stunning though?

• @kylecude YOU are probably the most immature guy I've ever come across. When I said men aren't good with words, I meant that by opening up & telling women constantly how they feel. All things concerning matters of the heart, since these comments are based on texting back & forth intimately. If it's a friendship, it's different. You're a disappointment & you should learn to RESPECT people's views, without freaking the FUCK! Such is life. Build a bridge & GET OVER IT!

• @musicbrain5 sorry that was rude of me it was really late and I didn't realize that wasn't your post.

• "What do men look for first when reading a woman's profile online?"

relationship status.

• Intelligence.
    N if a guy chats lyk dis <-- that's a huge turn off.

• WUT R YEW SAYIN? YEW DUZNT LIEK HORUBLE SPELLEENG AN GOODER GRAMMUR? Yeah, someone who is devoid of linguistic command is rather irritating.

• Hahaha!
      Yep, a LOT.

• That's why men can be pretty clueless ;) It's good for the men who do make the effort though as it means they've got more of a chance!

• Funny thing what attracted me to the guy I've been dating for 3 years now. Was his perverted jokes. Like the jokes you would say you would do but don't mean. But he was saying them to this other chick I was hanging with. Which she got creep out by him. Me It just made me want to get to know him. So then later I messaged him, then we started talking on Skype video chats, and now been together ever since. I know most people don't count that kind of stuff but that's their opinion.

• Sometimes being a little different from everyone else can make a person so much more interesting :)

• I picked cute face men are quite logical beings they see they like and that generally gets there attention, i think they would message a woman on how they look then eventually look at the profile. a few have said grammar but I say that this would be at the end of priority list. I would say looks, job, iinterests, moral values. If he is serious he isn't going to be looking for someone who is good looking doesn't work and wants a sugar daddy. You can tell a lot by the type of job people have office workers are usually out going and like a good party hitting pubs after work with fellow work mate. People who work with children are usually fun, express the inner child and are adventurous. People who work on building sites are usually manly men like to fix things things. But all men want to protect, provide and profess there love if it gets this far. I've just woken up and dont know if this makes sense or if my. grammar is correct but there you go.

• I think naturally they'd go for A/B, and then hope the rest follows intelligence/sense of humour/etc (but I think women do this too). My grandmother always said 'you can learn to love someone but you can't learn to be sexually attracted to someone'. So I think you have to have some attraction before you move on looking at other attributes of a potential partner.

• I think dating sites have men believing its an EBay sight to pick up the flavor of the week. They seem to look for physical attributes like they're picking out formal dinner attire and if she doesn't have the long blonde hair or big boobs they're looking for, they pass her up all the while she could be the best match ever for them. Men are STUPID!!! Then when they find one and everything is going great they pull that hot/cold crap until they're bored and move on to the next. It's like a candy store for children... Yep that about sums up the men you find on dating sites. The thing I'd like to know is where they purchase their mirrors...

• Face and personality comes in together.
    I think it is alright to be selective but not hold unrealistic expectations.

• A combination. Of cute funny amazing personatilty

• What if you had to pick one?

• I dont think i can. Sure looks is what will grab your attention of the other person. But if we are looking for long term looks won't last forever. It will be who they are as a person that is left and if their is chemestry out of the bedroom. So I don't know. I stand by that it a combination. It all needs to work together.

• To be honest, whenever I notice a guy, the first thing I see is his face and other things, later on. As for me, body doesn't matter at all if he is handsome enough. And I think most of the girls are also like that. If I start to think that I'm into a guy, it may be because of his face or his cute behaviours that act to me. The other qualities are not as important as look, i think. But during the time while he and i are dating, the other facts that u told, personality, intelligence, etc become important. If I don't like his way of thinking or personality, I won't break up with him. If I have to choose my future husband, I will find the almost-perfect one xD. Coz, I don't want to make him change his behaviours because of me and of course, he will also not do that. So, to conclude, my first interest to someone starts with face but the others are also important.

• They're looking for looks. Obviously.

• As a girl, a guy w

• Lol! Sorry. I think men judge women's profile pictures first in order to know whether or not they would look at their profiles any further. I think the following criteria is quite crucial for women regarding an appealing online profile:

• NO profile pictures with friends
      • NO profile pictures with pets/of pets/animals
      • A big smile (it shows that a woman is confident in herself)
      • No profile pictures that don't include the woman herself (men would think she's insecure about her looks or not good looking in general hence not having a picture up of herself)
      • NO pictures left up online with ex boyfriends

The list goes on & on... Basically, men can smell needy women from faaaaar away.

;)

• Education and good grammar go a long way as long as they aren't cocky about it, don't come across as intimidating, and have a sense of humor.

• When I like a guy and check out his profile, I usually go to the likes section to see if he and I have anything in common.

And then I just stalk him afterwards.

• Face first then if he is funny

• Obviously, men won't approach a woman who isn't appealing to them, therefore looks play a big part of a relationship. Yeah people may say personality, but if you think about it, you wouldn't go for someone who isn't what you consider attractive.

• face absolutly face

• Idk I am not a man but I think it would be if they have kids or there age

• Face and weight I'd say.

What Guys Said 44

• Picture- Is she attractive?

If yes, then I actually read her profile. Gauge her attitude, intelligence, hobbies and interests, etc...

• I think that's probably the most common male response. Girls HAVE have to an attractive (or at least interesting) photo. That's the only way men will ever take a good look at the profile itself

• Eyes are the first thing I notice. Obviously you have to be attracted to the person for anything to happen. But I am attracted to a wide range.
    After that, did she actually put anything in the profile? Woman are the LAZIEST bunch I have ever seen. And it isn't even the "super beautiful" that figure they will just get their pick regardless. I have seen some 5's out there put 1 or 2 sentences. Or the only thing they put in the profile is what kind of guys should NOT bother to contact them.
    Look LADIES... if your going to go through the online thing... then say something about yourself. 1st off, women typically get a ton of email because there are a ton of sleazebag guys out there looking to cheat, or just for sex. 2nd... since you already have to deal with those guys, why should I bother to send you email if I don't have even a little idea if we will have something in common?
    So don't do stupid shit like say "oh I just don't know what to say" or worse "if you want to know something about me... ask"
    I put a bunch of stuff about me. If women think it is too much then we probably are not going to get along anyway.

• straight to the picture

• The first thing is common interests/disinterests. I need common ground first and foremost.
    Followed by any clues as to her political leanings to see if she's someone I'll be able to agree with on things.
    After that I can make up my mind on whether or not she would be a good romantic interest or platonic friend based on her appearance, offspring ambitions and relationship type and whatever other info is there.

• It's pretty simple. It's going to be picture/face.
    What will keep me interested later on is her personality.

• Do you think it's better for her to smile or look serious?

• Yes, that photo is pretty spot on! Sexy yet approachable. George Clooney gets it right quite often.

• Probably why so many girls are after them haha. It's both mysterious and edgy.

• I haven't touched one of those sites in a while, so I don't know what's trending in them in terms of features.

I would say face first, other pics, then profile to gauge personality.

Too fussy when it comes to finding a partner? Mixed. Online I've heard can be outrageous in expectations. People tend to be more realistic IRL, which is basically how I do things exclusively.

• First thing I look for is their relationship type, my priorities are polyamorous women. From there I check out my attraction to them, but no matter how attractive, if I don't find intelligence I probably won't pursue them.

• Amazing personality, intelligence, cute face, funny, hot body, in that order.

Cute > Hot.
    Personality ~= intelligent or funny

Cute face might be the draw to click on the profile, but if the important traits aren't there, I would click away in 5 seconds.

• I don't know about other people but when I look into a girl's profile. I first watch her posts to determine if she's secure enough to talk. If she's just too sexual and bad charactered in her posts. I always give a thumbs down to myself and skip that profile. After posts comes the photos and then messaging to determine personality and intelligence.

• Hot body basically... he he hee

• i dont care about face, body is only important to some degree because it can be changed but as long as i dont feel like im having sex with a mcdonalds girls that fine. anything over size 10 i won't go near, harsh or shallow or whatever you wanna call it. i won't go past size 10. i won't date a girl taller, bigger or more muscles then me. otherwise i feel like im the girl and she is the guy.

but yeah mostly personality

• On Gag: - personality+interests+intelligence
    I don't go on dating sites.

• Face------->Age

• Generally it's cute face, decent body (not fat mainly). I'm in decent shape, so the girl shouldn't be in bad shape. Then I'll take a loot at her personality and take a bit of interest in and send off a message.

• Spirituality and passion. A drive to find truth, improve herself, and make the world a better place. These are all that matter in the end, though intelligence is nice. But sure, a pretty face will get your attention. It is inevitably what you're able to be aware of first. I've dated girls who I found 100% unattractive, but the attractive girl has a natural edge in being noticed.

Once you're in love anyone looks beautiful.

• First thing that grabs any bloke on those profiles is the face, and any hurr durr person who says it's all personality from the get go is lying.

• Their face obviously. However it's incredibly difficult to get women to respond from what I've seen.

And creating a mock female profile I can see why. Just so many guys to respond to so it seems.

• I dont look for anything

• Basically I dont do the online thing. I say whats up to women in real life.

• Face obviously, but if you're specifying "reading", then I make sure she's not a dime-a-dozen boring idiot mainly.

• A and B. Whatever is displayed on her page. Any visuals they can get.

• Face and personality, but if going just on pics (Like Tinder or the Meet Me section on POF) then i go on cute face then look at their profile

• They look for a hot body

• If a guy says he does not look at the face and the general appearance first, he is lying.

• The face grabs my attention. An interesting personality keeps my attention.

• I don't like funny girls.

• What about girls who laugh at your jokes?

• Don't you think it's important to have shared jokes though? Private things that you both find funny and can laugh at?

• Yeah, but that's not what you asked.

• To me intelligence is more attractive but add in a amazing personality also a cute face that be a perfect women

• In this order:

1.) Face
    2.) Does she have kids?
    3.) Read the whole profile and determine if her personality is one that would mesh with mine

• I like a girl based on her personality because I believe that you don't judge a book by its cover. It depends on the guy though.

• No they aren't. You may not get exactly what you want. But you can come close.

• I look at the face/body first Then her life story hoping that it's different from the rest

• More from Guys
    14