Exes who are still friends. Why are you still friends?

I understand this can happen. But why would someone choose to be friends with someone who broke their heart? And doesn't it complicate things for future relationships?

If you are still friends and close friends at that, please explain why such a relationship or a friendship is worth keeping alive? I mean keeping a friendship alive takes lots of work. Why do it?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• For me and an ex, we were friends before we dated, dated some time, and he moved on. we talked about it and like each other's friendship so much that we agreed to try making a post-relationship friendship work. With maturity and selflessness involved, we're still great friends after 3 years since the breakup and dating other people. I was sad for some time but i got over it, knowing that a person to be loved is more important than a problem to be solved.