Should I date someone in the same major as me?

So I really like a guy in my major. We have most of our classes together and do group projects together. We spend most of our days with each other.
Should we date or do you think it is a bad idea?

• Date.
  • Don't do it.
  • Other (please comment)

Most Helpful Girl

• That really depends, it could work out... but you have to understand that if it doesn't there will be no escaping his presence. What you decide to do with that information is up to you.

• I know. I have been thinking about that a lot. I just don't think I want to miss this opportunity and regret it later.

• Yeah. I tend to think of all of the possibilities and the whole breaking up has crossed my mind, but I really like him. I think he is cute and funny and smart and I genuinely like him as a person so as long as we don't have a bad break up (if that happens) I think we could still try and be friends. And I do mean that because we get along really well.

• It seems to me that you already know what you want to do and just need a little encouragement, so here goes it...

Go do it, either way you'll be fine.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes , but go in hoping for the best , prepared for the worst.

• I'd say go for. The fact that you both have the same major has no impact on whether or not you should date. The issue is if you break up seeing them all the time will be awkward that's the only concern.

• Go for it, it's up to you but I don't see how it should matter.

• Sure - I don't see why not.

What Girls Said 6

• Why wouldn't you date him? If it'll somehow affect your studies which given that you guys study together I don't assume it would. It might actually be a good thing since you guys could study together allowing for you to spend more time together

• Do whatever you feel like. If you think it's a bad idea, don't. If you think that it won't affect you and your studies, do. Nobody can/should make that decision for you.

• If you're interested and like to date: date.

• What's the worst that could happen? At least you have one thing in common.

• if you like each other, go for it.

• I kinda envy you, cause every man in the same major as me is gay.