Third date rule? everyone's thoughts are welcome

I've known this guy for almost a month now but we have just started going out. our first date was fun yet brief because I had something else to do that night, no holding hands, no kissing. our second date went longer and we made out that time. on our third date, things got a little hot and heavy and we had sex. is this acceptable? and before we had sex he made me stop and asked me if I really wanted to do this because he didn't want me to think that that was the only thing he was after. I said yes and we did. the thing is, I didn't feel rushed nor pressured. he made sure I was okay and everything as well. and yes, we're still going out and he's still as sweet as ever. most people will say that the 3rd date rule is BS, I'm leaning towards this but I still want to hear everyone's input.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't agree with all these dumb rules. He seemed to be totally in tune with what you wanted, and you didn't feel pressured. I would take it as a good sign.

What Guys Said 1

• Ignore everyone else's rules and do what feels natural to you. If you're both happy with how things are progressing then nothing else should matter.

What Girls Said 3

• You have already had sex and he's still in to you. Just relax and enjoy what you have together. In all honestly I think this rule stuff is rubbish, if a guy is going to dump you he will dump you regardless of whether you followed rules or not.

I've been seeing a guy and we dry humped on our second date and he's still interested in me. I think it's the first date that puts guys off because if a girl sleeps with them on the first date how many other men has she slept with on the first date.

• me and boyfreind only have been going out for 12 days days and on you 3rd date we were at his house on his bed and we like dry humped each other I guess you could say but we both had all our clothes on so I don't know what's going to happen the next time we see each other.. ibut if you were ready and not pressured I don't see what wrong with that

• i personally don't believe in the rules...

you siad it youself .. that you dint feel pressured.. and he's still sweet to you ..

as long as your comfprtable with everything... its okay to move this fast..