Is it more offensive to have someone break up with you suddenly with no explanation, or to have them tell you the reason but it hurts your feelings?

I would much rather know the real reason, even if it's offensive or hurtful, than to wonder about it forever. And at least that way I know what's not working.

Most Helpful Guy

• When they do it with no explanation, that is literally the worst thing you can do. Tell them the reason. Treat them like a respectable human being. Don't ignore and avoid them and treat them like a damn plague, or a disease. Some people don't realize just how deep that can cut.

What Guys Said 4

• Getting the reason even though it would hurt you is better because it provides you closure. When you have closure, you will be able to move on.

• I personally would want to know the reason even if it hurt. The questioning if I didn't know would be torturous for me. It's possible it can be a learning experience even if it's very tough to hear

• I'd rather know, that way I can do better in the future. And if I never know it'll be impossible to get over it completely.

• I prefer to be confronted. Perhaps we can even find a solution to the problem.

What Girls Said 3

• I would at least like to know so I can improve on my next relationship.

• I like to have closure on things so i prefer he be honest about it/ i know it is going to hurt with the truth but better then being left wondering about the status, how what i have done wrong..

• I rather not be left... But like that is not an option, I rather to know why