Do unsuccessful guys have a chance with successful women?

Let's assume the confidence is there, but is it even possible? I only hear of successful and overachieved women marrying equally or more brilliant, wealthier men, never heard of successful women considering a long term partner who earns significantly less, has no fame or just an average joe altogether. Which makes me think: do women get where they get in social and economic rankings, not for their own satisfaction, but to advance their mating game?

• I'm a successful woman and a man's achievements don't concern me, his behaviour and looks do
  • I'm a successful woman and I would only consider an equally achieved man for a long term
  • I'm a successful woman and I would only consider an unsuccessful guy for a short term
  • I'm a lesbian/a guy/an unsuccessful woman

Most Helpful Guy

• In general, successful women are not that attractive. If you don't believe me, look at Forbes top 100 Female CEO's and ask yourself how many of them would you have sex with? If you are talking about actresses or athletes, then the average Joe doesn't really have a chance with them. The average Joe is not going to get the Playboy Playmate. There's a correlation with income and power of a man and the attractiveness of his S. O. The more powerful and wealthier a man is the more attractive woman he can woo. Successful women with money can get anyone they want for the most part. If the average Joe does not have a lot of status to offer, he probably will be very good looking.

• Well think about it. If you come into the world not attractive in society's standards, you have to work for what you want. So you have to put that in consideration if you go comparing rich people to celebrities and playboy bunnies and what not.
      And also even rich and successful women sometimes don't even get the man. They bury themselves in their work or businesses.

What Girls Said 2

• Archievements don't necessarily mean money or a higher status. I would even marry a man who earns nothing if they persue their dreams and achieve what makes them happy. For example an artist, a musician or anyone that is fighting for their dreams and goals, perhaps someone that wants to work for charity or at a non profit organization. Brilliant men are really handsome, rich men scare me a bit, to be honest, but being successful in life is being dedicated to your passion no matter if you receive a lot of money from it or not.

• To be honest... No. Opposites don't attract. People with complimentary values do. The man will always feel as though he's not doing his job by being a provider/leader for his woman, because of her success. He will never feel like he's good enough. Somewhere along the lines be will feel insecure because of this... Unless the woman makes him feel appreciated & respected all of the time. That's just my opinion... Many will differ from mine.

What Guys Said 3

• I have seen it, but I don't really know how successful or unsuccessful the guy was. two of my former bosses had relationships like that. one of them hyphenated their last name if that matters. it is probably rare, but it happens.

• You have to be equal or greater than. Or equal and good looking. Women like that are *very* picky.

• I have seen "kept" dudes. It's possible. lol