Do intelligent men intimidate some women?

Do intelligent men intimidate some women? I want honest opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love intelligent men, it's just a disappointment when some of them have huge egos and arrogance to match. It's not exactly intimidating, but very off-putting. On the other hand, if a man's intelligent, but unassuming, and not one to boast and lord it over others, well now, that's extremely enticing.

What Girls Said 6

• Intelligent men does not intimidate me, but I think sometimes some women do feel intimidated by intelligent men. I guess it differs from person to person.

• depends on how he exhibits that intelligence. arrogance + intelligence can be intimidating but it's also repulsive.

• They don't intimidate me but I definitely don't feel worthy enough to be their friend / an interest to them.

• That sounds a little like being intimidated, no?

• @Punkbuster107 intimidation to me is fear. Not feeling worthy has nothing to do with fear and everything to do with self-doubt.

• Under that context I understand what you mean.

I have a hunch that the feelings you are describing are similar to what the asker chose to describe as intimidation though.

• No, not me at least. I like intelligence, it is way more fun talking to people with intelligent opinions and a lot of knowledge than people without it.
    :)

• Some, not all. It really depends on the person and their intelligence level. For example, if an intelligent man is with a not so intelligent female, then that female may feel inferior to that male and the same vice versa.

• I don't find intelligent men intimidating, in fact, it's extremely attractive, but if they are an asshole with their intelligence and try to belittle others with it, it's a huge turnoff. For me anyway.

What Guys Said 5

• They do?
    How?
    With their burgeoning brain sticking out of their skull?
    img2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Pinky_brain.gif

• Men who are really intelligent are intelligent to know how to portray ourselves as intimidating.

Ever notice how so many comedians have a super deep, intellectual, serious side? Its because a lot of intelligent people have gotten incredibly good at making themselves look silly, approachable, and relatable.

• @harakiri

Thoughts on this?

• Yes we do. I know from experience

• If you say "some", definitely yes.
    Stupid women like stupid men, just like stupid men like stupid women.