You're on a first date - what is something that your date can do or say that GUARANTEES there will NOT be a second date?

This goes out to the fellas and the ladies...
My gf's and I have swapped horror stories and we laugh all the time in re-telling them. What are some of yours that have happened that turned it into a "one and done" date?

So far, the responses have been very entertaining and can only hope that half of that stuff hasn't ACTUALLY happened to you... keep them coming. You all are great!

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have to say her being on her phone. This is a first date; a time to scratch the surface and find out really basic things about this person and if what they say interested you enough to want to see them again... being on her phone would tell me that whoever you are texting or your social media "friends" and their posts are more important than communicating in person.

• OMFG!! Well said @CRamos3 ... if a guy did that to me... done. Not even waiting for the check!
      Love your point on scratching the surface and finding out if you want to know more... its not an in depth interrogation!

• Thank you for M. H. O. @jaquezabby

What Guys Said 33

• If she starts playing with her phone it's over. It gives me the signal she's either bored with me or absolutely addicted to that damn machine. Shut-down your phone when you're on a date. Please. Even when you answer a call it annoys me (except when there are very important things going on, like a dying family member. If that's the case I'll understand).

• Saw that this weekend at a restaurant... the douche was on his phone over 90% of the time. I would have got up and left.

• Bringing up an ex immediately lets me know you are not over it yet and I don't want to deal with it. also, girls EAT YOUR DAMN FOOD. It's actually attractive to me to have a girl that can finish her plate. I recently had one date and the girl ordered ribs and got it all over her face, I loved it haha Later that night there was still some there and as she went to clean it up I said let me help you there... ;)

• This girl eats!! Dont get me wrong, I love a good salad but I'll take a steak and baked potato and yes, i will eat some bread AND order dessert (or we're going for ice cream somewhere!)

• Great stuff, that is waaaaaaay better then a salad!

• "I think I'm in love with you..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE-lsrft1c8

you gotta mosby him!

mosby the shit out of him.

• 3|1
  • "I like a guy who's manly enough to make me feel like a woman next to him"

Of course, no one has ever said that to me, I normally don't hang out with people who have that kind of mindset.

Another would be,
    "I like Justin Bieber"

• XD if I ever said that to my bf he would give me a bear hug trying to prove he's more manly then me.

• It means that the differences between the two sexes are clear amongst the both of you. It means that he has big hands, strong shoulders, tall, maybe some facial hair might count as well, firm and "manly" body. So completely the opposite of what a woman is supposed to be like: small, soft, and gentle. If I'm with a man who is manly, I feel more like a woman because of all these differences. I feel like I'm so different than him, a man. It emphasizes the more feminine aspects in me.

• @TheDevilInside... yeah, I have better luck with those who don't think that way at all, because I don't think that way at all either XD

• "What religion are you?" Only because of the social implications of it.. There's no way to answer that for me that would probably get me a second date haha

• Haha, first date mishaps are so much fun

I met a girl who turned out to be really religious, she ended up crying at the end of the date because she didn't want me to go to hell, but apparently it's also too late for me...

But things like talking badly about other people, rude speech or behavior (keep the phone in your purse), negative/pessimistic attitudes, things like that.

• A dildo falling out of her purse usually.

• If we were having dinner and she wips out her phone and starts texting. Or if we were watching a movie and she wips it out and starts texting. That would be all I'd need to know.

• The fact that you referred to it (twice) as whipping it out made me spit out my water! You can just imagine what ran through my head!! HAHAHA!

• @Asker Yeah, and I didn't even spell "whip" right. lol

• "I'm kind of seeing someone already"

I wouldn't even ask for the check, I would just bolt and leave her to pay for everything since she wants to be a sleaze.

• YES! I don't know why it's "standard" now for people to be dating like 5 different people at once? WTF?
      I focus on one and only one, and expect him to do the same.

• I would ask you for YOUR perspective on how you interpret "I'm kind of seeing someone already" before I comment...

• If a girl told me that, I would be thinking "Seriously? Does she consider this to be some kind of game? Are we on 'The Bachelorette' here? I'm not gonna fucking compete over a girl, I refuse to have my time wasted."

• talks about ex
    anything about wantin lots of kids
    looking to get married soon
    really really religious
    already "in love" with me

• Pull out a cigarette.

• “My ex was such a jerk.”
    “Most guys are such jerks.”
    “I love my cats, they’re like my babies!”
    “I want kids.”
    “I have kids.”
    “I don’t have sex before marriage.”

• 4 of those some what fit me lol! We would never make it hahaha

• Lol But I do love my cat and dog. They are like my babies :c
      That's the only one I'm guilty of haha.

• "You'll never betray me will you Shnookums? You're the best kitty ever!"

• I have kids...

• Talk excessively about exes.

• "I HATE cats"
    "I HATE video games"

• "I basically don't really give a fuck about anyone." Whips out phone.
    *talks to another guy, puts on perfume while looking at him.*
    *leaves the bar with a friend to smoke a J for 5 minutes and runs across the street.*
    *doesn't even talk to me, dtches me, comes back, still doesn't talk to me.*

all true stories.

• "I'm high maintenance and I deserve it"

• I expect guys to pay for dates. Or "I'm saving myself for marriage"

• Tell me more about this "I expect guys to pay for dates" statement you made...

• I think it's very tactless if a girl actually says that. Even if she actually does, a sane girl would never explicitly say that... =D

• yeah that´s why i´d never go on a second date with that girl xD

• If she talks about or fancies other guys all the time.

• Nothing. If I waste time im sticking around to get pussy. Now there are things she can say where I put her in a next catEgory in my mind.

• I have to leave, or go home. You will notice he will lose focus on whats going on. He's not listening. Remember one thing, if someones telling you something, or answering your question, eye contact at all times. If he doesn't look you in the eye the whole answer, huston we have a problem.

• Come meet my parents.

• Hahahaha!! DEFINITELY would make me run the other way!!

• That happened to me and I didn't even know it was gonna happen we were actually past the first date I was hanging out at his place and I fell asleep and he woke me up to say hi to his mom and cousin. What's embarrassing is his mom said I just want to get a good look at you like she was sizing me up to see if I had childbearing hips or something.

• Lol please tell me you run!!!

• Notes taken*

• talk about her feelings for her ex, stay on her phone texting, facebooking, or talking to someone.

• Texting is a big no no, I forgot to mention that in mine.

• yeah, seems people are on their phones more and more and just isolate those around them while doing it too. Ridiculous

• Agree with you there. I would say something or just leave.

• Well here are some i can think of off the top of my head. If she tells me she doesn't care about politics. If she tells me she doesn't have any goals in life. If she says she doesn't think a woman shouldn't have to work and she doesn't want kids are all instant deal breakers for me.

• So, she needs to be political, huh? That's a first.
      How many do you think will actually come out and say they have no aspirations or goals to achieve?

• ok buddy. good luck!

• Lol thanks. Its not as hard to find a person to have an intellectual conversation with as might think...

• Pull out a pack of smokes.

• Anything about exes lol

• "please father my child"

• I just came out with you on a dare and I was bored and wanted a free meal..

• Buddy - I hope that's not a true story that happened to you. That would be AWFUL!!!

• What a bitch!! Im sorry

• Thanks, but its all good... hopefully she'll get what she deserves in the long run

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 23

• -CONSTANTLY ON PHONE! Ugh! I'm sorry I'm not the type of person who likes to be center of attention, but damn. It's a date. No need to constantly be texting or updating your fucking Facebook (or whatever other social media you young kids use).
    -Rude to others. Let's say we go to a restaurant and he is rude to like the waitress/waiter (for no reason). I can't stand rude people.
    -Excessive talking about exes.
    -Checking out other women
    -Use any group specific derogatory words (referring to gays as fags/dykes, white people as crackers/honkies/whiggers, black people as niggers/monkeys, women as bitches/whores/sluts, Latinos as wetbacks/spics, Asians as chinks, etc. I don't use such words when referring to people. I hold the guy to the same standard)

I have many more lol But these are the main ones.

• -He invites me out on a date.
    -Expecting me to pay for our entire meal including his.

See ya later!!

• Be rude to our waitress. That's so unattractive.

Also saying "I hate dogs" or "I hate kids" or " I never want to get married. " those things just make it clear there's no future for us haha.

• 1. Says something sexist/patronising/belittling
    2. Tries to control me in any way
    3. Is rude to anyone
    4. Looks at my body more than my face.
    5. Says he wants children.
    6. Talks about his ex's and I get the impression he's not moved on.
    7. If I get the feeling he's really clingy or sees me like a celebrity than a human being.
    8. Brags about himself, never letting me get a word in.
    9. He tells me he smokes or does drugs.
    10. If I get the feeling he's being fake/lying about things to make himself look better than he is. I like honesty.

• "A girl has to be good in the kitchen" - go back to your mommy.
    "My ex has this fucking hot body" - ok, shallow jerk.
    "If you've found out the way to manipulate people by just using your words, tell me!" - oh, so you're a manipulative asshole. Good to know. You're probably selfish in bed as well.
    "I spend most of my weekends at home, playing games with my buddies" - um... ok, I don't need a hardcore gamer for a boyfriend. Nor do I want one.
    "Look at her... lol she's so ugly/fat" (basically saying anything judgmental and superficial about a stranger) - douchebag.
    "I hate kids" - I'm not saying that I want kids someday, but I like a guy who is good with kids. Someone who hates kids usually doesn't have a lot of patience. And patience is a good virtue to have. So it's definitely a red flag for me.

• oh and talking non-stop about himself, unable to sense my obvious hints that I was so fucking bored. This one is a true story.

• You're intelligent / rational/ logical/ strong/ kaud back , for a " girl".

That's a mans job.

I'm a guys guy.

Why are girls so " insert generalization here".

I bet you'd love anal if you gave it a shot.

Do you want to see my penis.

My mom is such a nag.

A good man keeps a woman in her place without her noticiNo.

Any racust bigoted or violent comments or actions.

• ""I bet you'd love anal if you gave it a shot.""

Hahaha, some people actually do look like they would!

• Take out your cell phone in front of me for any purposes other than an emergency and it is over. I will not tolerate it. It is rude. If you must use it, do so in the restroom and make it quick.

• I find girls are worse culprits in this, just because girls seem more obsessed with their phones then guys, But I have never dated a guy so I am biased... I turn my phone on silent and check it once maybe is she goes the bathroom.

• I think it goes both ways and yes, even when I am out with my girlfriends or we are getting together with family, I find it incredibly rude. People are far too attached to their phones these days. It is absolutely disgusting. In any social situation, I have mine on silent and only check it in the restroom or if we are all sitting around watching TV or something like that. But to take it out when you are interacting with other people in a social setting makes other people feel as if you would rather be somewhere else.

• Agreed @SensualScribe... that MIGHT be the top "No No" for me...

• If they check out another girl while with me... or if they run into someone they know and say "this is my friend" instead of "this is my date"

• Hypothetically. If he told me he was an occultist. He ripped on Catholicism/Christianity. He started talking about weird fetishes. He told me he's bi. He takes drugs while on the date, or tells me he does. He smells bad. He says anything rude or degrading about me. He expects me to pay for him. He acts really condescending. He has a really vulgar sense of humor. I don't know there are a ton of things.

• I hate cats :P

But in all seriousness, I had a guy tell me once is that all he does is play video games and drink all the time, and that he's barely sober... I was like wow... What a winner :/

So heavy drinking. If he says he smokes. Drugs. illegal activity. That he doesn't believe in education :/

• Tells me he smokes or does drugs.
    Tries to get overly physical.
    If he farts or swears excessively.
    If he's rude to the server or others.

• If the guy tries to get me in his bed or even touch me inappropriately... It's the first date chill bruh

• I went on a date with this guy where the first thing he did was start asking me what I liked in a bed. Then he started rubbing his dick through his pants. I told him to gtfo of my car and walk home. That was probably the worst. Ever.

• "Do you want to move in with me?
    How many cocks have you sucked? How many cocks have you fucked?
    Have you ever been with a woman? Are you sure you don't like women?
    How does someone like you end up living where you live?
    You can't really be from here because you talk like this?
    I'm looking for a stay at home wife
    I like to be in control
    I'm looking for a woman to take care of me
    I'm looking for friends with benefits
    I used to be a hoe but I'm a one woman's man now lol"
    Anything to do with my hair that is not a compliment such as suggesting I straighten it or wear a weave.
    Constantly talking about your ex.
    Excessively talking about yourself/not asking about me
    Asking financial questions such as how much money I make.
    Bad breath/body odor
    Bugging me about coming to your place.
    Insulting my career path, my choice to eat clean and be fit
    Asking or criticizing me about my religious/spiritual and abortion views/homophobia

• "I want to marry you"

• Be overly sexual.
    Be boring.
    Talk/ask about exes.

• "I'll have the steak, and the little lady will have the rabbit food, uh, I mean, the caesar salad"
    He thought it was funny as hell until I got up and left

• Checking out other women. "I've hit a woman" "I've cheated"... anything sexist or racist.

• If he's paying, and he tips poorly, I will delete his number.

• "Donkey Kong sucks"

• anything that is sexist, racist and/or homophobic.

• If a guy says "I love you". That happened on a 2nd date once and there was not a 3rd lol

• WTF? No way!!!

• The same thing happened to my mom! Except it worked out for them cuz that man is now my dad lol.. but she did t talk to him for months after.

• "I'm pretty traditional" or "don;t hang out with any of your male friends now"

• right forgot that. Using # traditional as an adjective:)