I'm SO afraid I'm going to call him my ex's name by accident. What do I do?

And the crazy thing is we've not been together for almost 3 years, and I am BEYOND over him... but we were together a decade. So it's a name I'm used to saying.

I'm so scared I'll say it to my new boyfriend. I feel like I'm scatterbrained. I am terrified I'll call him my ex's name. I don't know why my brain is like this. I just thought of him and thinking of what I want to say to him and my ex's name crept into my head.

Anyone have this problem? Remember, said my ex's name for a decade of my life. Longer than that, actually.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, shit happens. He should be understanding. Just laugh about it, if you make it a big deal it will make him feel like it is a big deal too, but if you just laugh and apologize it should be ok.

I have been called an exes name by a few girls... It's just a thing the brain does.

What Guys Said 4

• The only way of getting rid of this fear is controlling yourself and not saying the name. With the time you'll get used to it and won't fear it anymroe.

• look a him before you say his name, usually that works, you are more likely to screw up if you are not looking at him because you say your old exes name out of instinct and habit

• say your new boyfriends name 20-30 times to yourself intell it rolls off your tongue easy a couple times a day and most likely you won't have this problem.

• The more you think about it, the more likely it is to happen.

What Girls Said 1

• I worry about it a little. I feel if I focus on my exes name I will say it so I focus on my bf's name. It also helps that they are complete opposites.