Keep it a secret?

My boyfriend and I are going to prom together this June and I recently bought my prom dress. I told him the color and what my accessories were but should I actually show him the dress? I've been told to keep it a secret until prom but I really want to show him and hear what he thinks. Should I show him? It's a seafoam green dress with a lace illusion neckline and a beaded belt.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would be a nice surprise when you get to the prom if he hasn't seen it. But it's really not a big issue one way or another.

What Guys Said 2

• it can be both a good surprise and good to show him, but i think guys like to get surprised like me! if its special for u make it that way for him too

• I think you should tell him :) That way your colors won't un tone with eachother.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see a problem with showing your date. That way he can match!
    Just try not to show everybody in your grade! hahaha but your date should see it!

• Well, we have a page where we show each other our dresses so there aren't any repeats.

• And, I was going to save a price of fabric (I have to get it hemmed because I'm super short) so we would match :)

• Then maybe just send him a picture showing him the colour if you don't want him to see the dress!