Boyfriend getting too chummy with my roommate?

So I've been going out with my boyfriend for several months. About a month ago, I got a new roommate and he's always asking if she wants to hang out or do something with us. Now we're supposed to go away to his cottage next weekend (he has the time off) and he invited her. Apparently, one of his friends can't make it anymore so he's inviting her instead. He told me about how 'if we make it far enough' he would invite me to his cottage but I don't know why he's inviting her as well. I've been very stressed these past couple weeks but try to at least make some time for him. He works on call 24/7 so we can't exactly make specific plans since he's been getting called out more lately. Also, it's only recently that it started to bother my about him inviting her everywhere. Am I making mountains out of mole hills or is there genuine cause for concern?

Most Helpful Girl

• People like meeting new people and people like hanging out with new people they meet. I wouldn't read too much into it unless it starts to directly affect your relationship (he picks to hang out with her over you or he starts comparing the two of you). Go into the cottage vacation knowing that you "made it this far" with him and that makes you special, not her. As long as you have a good attitude about it, you should be able to figure out if this is actually a problem or not.

What Guys Said 1

• is it his cottage or his parents cottage? is this guy rich?

• I think it's the family cottage. He's not rich (that I know of), but his parents are divorced and I'm not 100% sure on who has the cottage. I think it's his mom's side of the family. The way he goes on about it, it seems pretty big so I don't know for sure.

• in other words its not his cottage lol. If he didn't pay for it it is not his. I have a 30 yo friend who just bought his own cottage and it is awesome. I will buy a cottage as soon as a can afford one.

What Girls Said 1

• You should talk to him about it