Do women still sit on the inside?

I have a question about booths at restaurants, chairs, or seats in a movie theatre. Went on a double date the other night and we women sat between the guys at the theatre and on the inside of the booth. Is this still pretty common? I mean has feminism changed any of that, or should this "seating arrangement" still be occurring?

Most Helpful Girl

• It occurs all the time!

What Guys Said 3

• Old chivalry. The woman would sit on the inside to keep her from being bumped, spilled upon, bothered by guys, etc. Women would walk on the inside on a sidewalk to protect them from anything, including splashed mud. But in some places that is changing to the woman being on the outside of the sidewalk to protect from people coming out of alleys, doors, etc. And yer, gentilemen still open car doors for ladies.

• No idea that was a thing. I just assume people sit where they want to.

• See, this is the kind of shit that has given feminism such a bad name. Is this really worth crying over? Seriously.

• Nope. Just curious. It doesn't bother me. I like it. Just wondered how common it is.

What Girls Said 3

• hm i never realized that was even a thing. my mom does always sit on the inside though. but my dad is claustrophobic and always has to sit on an end so i thought it was just because of that. i mean, i don't personally care, i've definitely sat on the outside at the movie theater but we were in the middle of a row so is there even an outside? lol

• I've heard of walking on the inside of the pavement away from traffic, but I haven't heard of this. I mean I guess it makes sense, but it doesn't really matter to me where I sit.

• I don't think it really matters where women sit. It's just a seat.