He's going to dinner with an old hookup. Should I be concerned?

So I'm seeing a guy for the past year. We aren't official but we do spend almost everyday together and are definitely very into one another physically and emotionally. Just not the right timing for a full on relationship. Well, a girl he is friends with from out of state will be here visiting family this weekend and she asked him to dinner at one of the nicest restaurants in town (she's paying might I add! he even said to me "why would i pay for her? im taking you there as soon as i have the money to im not going to take another girl out") They've been friends for like 6 years and he never sees her and its been at least 3 or 4 years since they have hooked up. Should I be worried about this? He says that they are just friends and I don't need to be worrying about this as its not really my business but still it's hard to not think about it. she also won't be visiting here ever again at least not for another several years due to work.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I mean it's kind of weird but if they're friends... has he ever given you a reason to not trust him? Does he know this bothers you?

• He knows and he even said he wouldn't see her if I really didn't want him to but Im not the type to stop someone from seeing an old friend. I'm not controlling.

• He wants to take you there someday (thinking of the future), has been open, honest, and willing to cancel I think those are all really good signs. She's leaving soon too so that works in your favor too. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Take deep breaths :)

• Thanks :) yeah I'm trying. Just trying to focus on other things.

• It's been a while since they hooked up so I wouldn't be too worried... but there's always a chance especially if you aren't official.

• Yeah I mean I've been hurt by past boyfriends so obviously I'm permanently paranoid due to that. He's a great guy and he tells me how I'm also one of his best friends and always will be regardless of if we are together or not so I'd be shocked if he went behind my back to lie to me and pull this. He said he's taking me out this weekend too so I'm feeling good about knowing that but still. Girl paranoia haha

• If he's been trustworthy and good to you then you should be fine. I understand the paranoia I'm like that too lol.

• I know what you mean. It's just hard keeping my mind off it. The sooner it's over with the better. Besides she's not down here for him. She's here for family and she wanted to catch up with him since its been over a year since they even saw each other.