Racial preference different for each gender?

My boyfriend is half swedish half japanese. So he is kind of my perfect match on the look side as I prefer white and Asian guys the most. doesn't matter if its a mix of those two I love them on their own too. And yes of course I would date a guy of any race if I liked him. However most of my friends like darker guys and thinks Asian and white guys are the least attractive. While my male friends think white and Asian girls are the most attractive. why is it that Asian and white women are seen as some of the prettiest while Asian akd white men the ugliest? Now this is of course just my experience but I asked many people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Asian men are generally short... short men arnt seen as attractive very often... and white guys are a majority in the united states so anyone here in the us will hear more about them... i prefer mexican and Asian women myself... I don't know what it is but their very pretty early on... though chinese get scary in the l8er years... i won't date a black woman... im not into the way most blacks talk/act... i dont have an interest in big butts like black woman seem to focus on... and im not fond of their hair... small things that i could look passed but are big enough that i won't look 2 hard at the African American woman... some women date black men cause of the saying about black men and their... manhood...

overall looks are just for an initial attraction... personality is much more important

What Guys Said 14

• You should go have a good chat with that guy that says young black women are attractive and nice and females of al other races are bitches.

• Haha omg I saw his post.

• I agree. But sometimes people confuse the words "preference" and "fetish".
      Being partial to a certain race doesn't make them a fetish.

• Yeah like I find Asian and white guys super attractive but I won't like them just because of that

• I guess us Asians need to start pulling out weight then.

• "And yes of course I would date a guy of any race if I liked him." <---- everytime i hear these words, i have a big smile on my face

• It's a cliché thing to say but I usually beleive them when they actually have a history of doing that.

• It depends on the person but there was a study done apparently.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSh_esW9W4

• That's only from net dating though.

• And it's also just from usa. As in one culture more or less.

• True. It's all isolated on statistics anyway, excluding individuals.

• I kinda doubt there's any widespread, meaningful correlation between gender and racial preference.

• They went black and aren't turning back...

• So this scientific study took place where again?

• where i come from (toronto),

white guys are at the top, then latinos/asians, and black/brown guys in this list.

for women, its asians/white, Spanish, brown/black

i m surprised your friends consider white guys unattractive.

i also find white and Asians to be the most attractive... and some south americans.

• So Canadians don't like black/brown people?

Duly noted.

• Not don't like, this is the preference list for majority of the population from what I've read in online dating polls, my personal experience with people telling me and how it generally is with most people in my opinion.

Last time I checked we still live in white man's world, even beauty standards are of Caucasian features.

• Racial preference is different for each person. Just like how some guys are ass guys, boobs guys, face guys etc. Its as simple as that.

• Is your boyfriend Lars Alexandersson?

• jesus fucking christ you're good looking

• I prefer Northern European women. Italians and poles don't look as attractive to me.

• It's personal preference... and it could be culture preference.
    Ask people on the otherside of the world and see if the same gender has the exact same preference. I doubt it.
    Culture influences ideas about sexuality/beauty. You know why skinny was so popular and now big asses are popular... it's all just humanities little propoganda pieces, as it's been and as it's always will be. Are your friends into rap music?
    You should write down who says what and what race the eventually marry.

• White women are horrible. Yuck.

• Thanks sweetie <3

• i think anyone who gets too much attention becomes big headed. white race is regarded as very desireable so this has some merit. people who are previledged often dont kniw they are but are insensitive to the non priviledged around them

• I'm White and I can't stand White women.

They walk around thinking they're God's gift and it's like "Asian and half-black/half-white girls are better than you, PIPE DOWN".

What Girls Said 6

• In the contrary to your friends my friends all preferred white men. and my male friends whether white German or Iranian or Semitic Iranian preferred white features also we have a Black boy here in university that is for white girls. whether In Iran or India or Germany. Iranians are most attracted to blue eyes and white features and they are white themselves in northern Iran. they are white preferring white. In India I had to keep my boyfriend close because many girls were flirty with him. Also many Indian actors have some white features and some of the most loved ones have bright eyes like Hrithik Roshan.

In Germany interracial dating is almost nonexistent compared to the whole population. we marry Germans or other Europeans. 2% are interracial and those are mostly men with Asian women. Schwarzdeutsche in Germany are less than 0.8% of the population and some people who go to Berlin find this thought that Germans very much prefer interracial dating while seeing interracial couples in Berlin is because 70,000 Schwarzdeutsche live in Berlin and their biggest community is there along with 200,000 Turks again the largest community of Turks.
    Simply the Interracial couples seen in cities like Berlin and Hamburg are mostly Germans of non-Germans descendant marrying each other.
    We have also 3 million Turks and they are mostly white and they marry anyone especially those who convert to their religion that most Germans don't.

So this is a misconception if someone says Northern European men and especially women 'prefer' interracial dating and other races over white. Whites prefer whites in my country and in the whole everywhere as far as I have seen and I don't see a difference in preference between genders.

any statistics saying white men prefer Asians, white women prefer Darker races, or preferences like these are nonsense.

And your friends should have a rare preference compared to the majority of the white population.

• White guys - too common in your country. Utterly predictable

Asian guys - too shy and not aggressive enough in general.

• I don't know about that. I like Asian men. I think they're very attractive. I think white guys are just as attractive but I used to think they all looked the same. Now, I think all guys are attractive no matter the race.

• I love dark guys lol but honestly, I wouldn't give a shit racial wise because there's so many other guys. And I bet guys all like white women because of light skin.

• I'm half Asian and I don't think Asian men are attractive. Hafus, however, are fucking gorgeous.

• half breeds are a huge hit or a miss. they are often very ugly or very good looking.

i m fully Asian and i m not attracted to 90 percent of Asian girls but i can see why you're not attracted to Asians or most of them

• It's pretty normal that you're not attracted to your own race the most I think

• White guys some of the ugliest?

You don't where that one too often. Girls as. Well as guys tend to say white guys are the most attractive. They tend to say Asians, Indians, and sometimes black guys are the least attractive.

• I guess most girls here don't like them because they are shy and insecure