How do I tell him I'm not ready?

I'm in a difficult situation right now. A while ago, I broke up with my first boyfriend. I thought I was over him by now and so I went to a speed dating. I didn't really expect to find someone interesting, however one guy seemed really nice and when he contacted me after the speed dating and wanted to meet me, I said yes. The evening was really nice and he turned out to be a really good guy, but when he dropped me off at home, he kissed me. That's when I realized I may really want to be over my ex but I'm just not ready yet. It was pretty obvious that he was really interested in a serious relationship. But perusing the thing with this guy would mean getting into a rebound relationship, and I don't want to do this to him. So now I have to tell this nice guy that I just can't date at the moment. I don't know what will be the least painful way to do it, so I need your help. How should I do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess all you have to do is tell him how you feel.

What Guys Said 2

• The only way is to just be honest from the start, message him and say he's a really nice guy but when he kissed you it made you realise you're not ready to get into anything serious at the moment and see what he says.

• on his face

What Girls Said 1

• Talk to him about it.