Friends before dating?

Is it better to be friends with a guy before dating him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Better to get to know him a bit first.

What Guys Said 4

• well sometimes friendships evolve into intimate relationships!
    if you were friends in childhood and now find each other attractive i think its fine

I think usually its a great way to start a relationship because trust is usually there

• Ok I'd like to put my foot down and say that when girls say they'd rather be friends first they mean becoming acquaintances.

• Ya, but ask him out pretty soon or he will think you are just friends

• This is a 2 way street u can start out as friends but you might get stuck in the i waited too long friend zone. if you date right away then you might not like certain thing and be to different, break up... then again my advice is always terrible xD

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly my bf and I were friends for a week before we started dating, haha. Sometimes people need to be friends with a person first before delving into a relationship, but not everybody is like that. My boyfriend and I had an instant connection. We didn't need to be friends first. Everyone is different and everyone's situation is different.

• I think its best to get to know him first. Start a friendship with him first and take small steps and get to know him. I honestly think the best relationships start off as friendship. You can't just go from dating a person and not know anything about them. It takes time for a friendship to grow, and it takes time to turn that friendship into something even more.

• I heard it is but it's kind of hard because you'll probably date other people before each other