Can you be too young to love?

Let's say a 14 or 15 year old starts to date somebody and it lasts at least 6 months. When they say they are in love with that person do you think it's real love? Or just another silly middle school relationship that will end in a month?

• You can find true love at any age
  • You can be in love at a young age, but it won't last
  • Too young to even know what love is

Most Helpful Guy

• You can feel love at that age. You many know yet fully understand everything that is going on with the feelings but they can be there. It may only last a month but it could last longer. Either way just because a relationship does not last for ever does not it wasn't important. Its about the time enjoyed while together and the lessons learned.

I say go for it, even if it does not last forever enjoy it for as long as you can.

What Guys Said 4

• Too young.
    14-15 year olds are still incredibly emotionally immature.

• love has to be learnt or itll be a fleeting emotional thing

love is commitment and a declaration of your devotion through thick and thin.
    so, if the person doesn't know this but feels the same, hell fall out surely as all feelings subside but if he knows love, hell know to stick around when feelings subside and devote until the feelings ignites again and so on.

• Kids dont know what true love is. Thats what you would call puppy love

• daddy always told me: old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

What Girls Said 6

• I was in love at 14. Stupid, aggressive, immature argumentative love. I'm still in love with him. But now it's for real and mature and stuff.

• You change a lot over the years. I am totally not the same person I was back 6 years ago, and I probably won't be the same person in 6 years. The difference is that the older you get the more understanding you are of other people so you will understand and adjust for these changes. Where as I don't think a 14 YO is ready for such adjustments because you are still trying to find yourself.

• You can love at any age but usually romantic relationships between young teenagers doesn't last because teenagers are too self involved to love another person. Not saying this always the case but often you feel lust, not love.

• I feel like your perception of "love" changes as you age. The love I felt for my boyfriend when I was 15 definitely isn't the same kind of love I feel for my current boyfriend now that I'm older.

• Care to expand on that?

• It's kind of hard to explain. Everyone's definition of love is different and I think that as you get older and experience more your idea of what love really is changes. My idea of what love is now isn't the same as what I thought it was when I was 15, but I won't say that it wasn't love because I was too young, my idea of it was just different.

• I think it's possible to be in love around that age but you may not know it until you're older

• Hopefully this song can help:

http://youtu.be/a5KwZzF7FWM

This one might help too:

http://youtu.be/c170YFKC360

• I'm not going to lie to you.

Yes you are young and many relationships don't last whether it's a relationship from when you're young or even a marriage. So remember with love comes heart break. Now that I've said that it's not impossible it doesn't happen to often but some childhood sweethearts last together forever...

It's just a chance you'll have to be willing to take.