Boyfriend wants me to plan Valentine's?

I just got a new job, which is great but it does now mean I'll be working on the weekend. My boyfriend had asked me to keep Valentine's day free, I said I would, but I need this job and the money because of personal reasons.

My boyfriend now says that he's tried of me cancelling plans (by definition of plans, it's normally me just hanging at his house, not actually dates). I don't ever leave him for friends, it's always something important like a last minute lesson.

I said we can be together Friday instead. He now says I have to plan what we were doing for Valentine's day (I asked if we could have a picnic, low key, organise it together). He says I have to organise the food, activities, the basket he had asked to borrow from his family, everything. I feel like it's just a cop out cause he didn't really want to plan it in the first place.

I'm in tears, it's not just because it's Valentine's Day, I get its a commercial holiday, but I feel like this is just a cheap way to get out of it all. Am I overreacting?

Most Helpful Girl

• does he have a job?

• No. For that reasonable n he says he can't afford gifts, though he went to the movies last week

• Well he shouldn't be mad at you for actually having responsibilities. I agree with you, it sounds like he's trying to make you feel bad so he doesn't have to pay for anything. I hate broke guys lol. However you have been dating for a year so I wouldn't break up with him or anything. Just let him know that you would like to be taken care of sometimes also. Aka get a job

What Guys Said 2

• How long have you been with him?

• Take him to the most pricy Asian Restaurant.

What Girls Said 2

• He's being an ass honestly communication is the key so tell him exactly how you feel if he doesn't change the way he's thinking leave him you can find someone who truly values you.

• Break up with him. Lie and say you need space and time to think... then just move on and fade out for good.