Girls what would you think of the man if he didn't pay anything for the first date?

Even though you done a lot of shared activities that cost money. Would you make a note to your self he might be cheap?

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends.
    If I am the one to ask him out, then I assume to be responsible for paying the date.
    If he asks me out, then he assumes responsibility of paying.
    If we arrange it together, then it's both of us splitting it.

Even so, if he is the one to ask me out, I will still offer to split the bill.
    I wouldn't consider him cheap, but perhaps has bad dating etiquette. Not even just with dating, cuz in general, if someone invites you out (doesn't have to be a romantic date), it's mainly assumed they will pay. That's not to say that the other person shouldn't offer to pay for their share, but the asker's responsibility is to pay.

What Girls Said 14

• Girls what would you think of the man if he didn't pay anything for the first date?
    I'd think he's quite for asking me out but not paying as seemingly generally whoever asks also pays.

Would you make a note to your self he might be cheap?
    Yes. I find how much a guy pays is similar to how fast a gal does sexual acts in that a guy who pays little is like a gal who f*cks a guy on the first date. I'm curious as to why he chose not to spend money as general lt people spend money on things/those they consider a priority. Just like a guy may be curious as to how many other guys a gal f*cked on the first date.

• I've always been a fan of splitting the bill.

• It depends on how well I know the guy. If I know him well and am aware of his financial situation and am cued in on him potentially being tight on cash, I have no issue paying for everything as long as I have the money to do so.

If we're both tight on cash then I wouldn't agree to do anything with him on a first date that would cost money.

• Sooo is it okay if I paid on the first date?

• @Ihav2fart because it makes me super uncomfortable when people buy me things when I have the means to buy them for myself.

• Splitting on a first date or a female paying is very foreign to me. :x

• If the date he planned was a free activity I'd have no problem with it, if he took me out expecting me to pay for the first date he'd be an automatic write off.

• If I asked him out I wouldn't have a problem paying but if he asked me out he should pay. If he doesn't have the money he could have worked out a free alternative

• I guess I am pretty old fashioned when comes to that. I think the man should always pay on the first date, especially if he asked me out. If I asked him out, I would be prepared to pay half, but I would not pay for the whole date and would prefer if he offered to pay, just because that is what gentlemen do. Anytime I have ever been out with a man, he has paid, even if we were just friends.

• I would just ask him if we could split the bill. I'm not that rich. Then, if he said that I should pay for it, there's no second date I think.
    He could also have a reaaaalllly excuse, then it's okay, but it has to be really really good.
    I would pay for him if it wasn't too expensive.

• I would think he's cheap if he made me pay for everything, aha. But splitting the bill is fine.

• It depends on the situation.

Did he forget his wallet? If he did, did he offer to pay his half when he sees me again? Will he completely pay for the next date? Is he currently unemployed? Does his job pay enough for him to have money left over after bills? Did I offer to pay?

I think if the answer to the first two questions is yes, then I wouldn't care if I paid. However, if it's a yes and a no, I'd remember that when deciding if there was a second date.

If the answer to any of the other questions is yes, I wouldn't mind completely paying.

But, if he doesn't have a good reason for not at least offering to pay half, I'd think he was cheap until proven otherwise.

• "Thank god he didn't put me in an awkward spot."
    Because I would've offered to split if he wanted to pay himself. Or want to pay myself if I asked him out.

• I'd think he's also a broke college student like me ,.

• there would be no second date

• If he did not pay at least half then yes I would

• Errr... yea. It's 50/50 or go home. Not really just cheap, also rude. Just not a man. Men pay their own way, not let a lady pay his way. Find a sugar mama.

What Guys Said 5

• Apparently a lot of GaG ladies don't care for the old fashioned ways.

• i'm old fashioned. The fuck what all these other girls think

• Only in America would they actually care, in most other countries we pay for ourselves.

• I think most women don't like it its just like a cultural thing.

• I don't date women that get offended by trite crap like this. I always go 50/50. Lol, "old fashioned" my ass. You agreed to a date at x location. Why am I obligated to pay for you? Are you obligated to sleep with me? Cause we can be old fashioned like that anytime.

• Like he didn't pay for her? I think that's totally fine. Paying for yourself is the fairest way to do it. Making her pay for both of you? That's pretty trashy