I want a boyfriend but it's hard to find a good guy. I'm shy too. What should I do?

I'm so shy! I'm pretty and I have a nice body but I can't approach a guy lol
I've tried online dating and I gave up two days later because it was creepy. I want a boyfriend so what options do I have? I don't like bars too.

Oh, I'm not confident too :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Shyness is just a lack of confidence. As soon as you gain confidence, which it actually sounds like you have, you'll start to become more outgoing... but, try some things that will help boost your confidence. Then you'll be more successful.

• you think she's gained confidence? she's still online in case you haven't noticed...

What Guys Said 10

• I understand your shy? Hopefully there is a guy, who is not creepy, who might just like you and step up... ask you out and life will be good... or you can just ask a guy out, the best way to confront shyness' is to deal with it head on... if you like someone say hello, what's your name, introduce yourself and every thing else will fall in place... I recently approached a girl who is shy, very beautiful, nice fit body, seems really nice, but she ran from me, could be she is shy, or not interested, but because I am patient and really like her, I will hang back and see what develops, if a guy really likes you, he will see it, be patient, and take appropriate action, this is a sign he is really a good guy... just say hello... good luck

• I always thought being shy is a bad thing. I'm 24 and I'm still shy... I hear that some girls use tinder and all that but that's not me. I could never be that kind of girl. So I guess being shy can be a good thing...

• Do guys know if a girl is shy right away?

• No not right away, it takes time, in my opinion, it can be misunderstood as a lack of interest as if your not digging that person, but to smile at a person and just say, or hello usually opens doors, or if you know the guy, getting someone you trust, to say something on your behalf might be good to get the ball rolling 😊

• When people actively seek a partner to be in a relationship it never ends up being easy.
    As a shy girl your best option is to look for male friends... it will allow them to get to know you better as well as see the real you behind all that shyness. I hope that you can hold a conversation with someone without giving one word answers.
    As for where you can go... I'm not sure what you do now but if you're a student then go to campus activities and meet people in classes. Go to a coffee shop etc...

• If you go to school, ask someone if they want to study together. Or if you know he is doing something, try to show up for that. Pick places and things that you feel comfterble with and just say whats up, if he finds you attractive he will talk to you, but dont give yourself up so fast, haha be flirty! Thats awesome!

• Be confident. It's hard to approach shy girls because if they already don't like talking then what happens when we try talking to them? Don't worry, you'll find someone who's just right for you :)

• I look at them but no success... Lol

• Hmm... Try going out more with your friends. If guys see that you get around from time time thrn they're more likely to approach you.

• I am 20 and struggling with the same problem, except it is the other way around. I am looking for a girlfriend who is a good girl. A girl who has not slept with anyone else and holds good morals. Thing is, it is harder for guys than it is for girls, because the social expectation is for us to initiate. I fail each and every time.

• ughhh

basically first of all do some practice to reduce your shyness... then try to find some guy via a mutual friend or sth like that?

• There are a lot of good guys, try giving a dude a chance.

• Let guys approach you.

• I can't find a good girl I'm shy and have also tried online dating and fell on my face

• Give every guy you think is nice a shot!

What Girls Said 3

• I'm just in the same situation as you and I'd say you should just be yourself and the guys will come to you. Do an activity you like and maybe you'll meet someone while doing it! Be open, smile, give them the impression you're somebody they can have a nice conversation with, laugh a lot, stay natural and cool. That's what I tell myself to do. I know it can be hard but every beginning is hard and of course it takes some time to work on yourself and grow.
    Of course I'm not a guy and I don't have a boyfriend so I can't assure you if this really works... Good luck!

• Go to restaurants, libraries, sports event, gym, anywhere where there's people. You have to be seen. Maybe some guy approaches you and you like him, who knows...

• Do something you know is fun to you and where good guys will be, like a daycare working at a shoe store or community service... Just because you ain't attracting, be careful not to to druggys or nasty people...