My boyfriend and I broke up like 2-3 days ago but I've already had two guys I barely/don't know (one being my ex boyfriend's friend) ask to hang out and get to know me. My male friends have been joking about getting with me/marrying me. A long term male friend has been showing me a lot more attention and talking about when people thought we were together in highschool!
This tends to happen after every break-up I've had. I do like the new attention, it does lift my spirits a bit but I feel it's fairly disrespectful. I feel like I'm not getting any space to deal with what I'm going through.
Has anyone else found this? Do you like it or do you wish people could give you space during the break up?
- I get a lot of extra attention when I become single29% (4)12% (3)18% (7)Vote
- I get some extra attention7% (1)12% (3)10% (4)Vote
- I get no extra attention14% (2)40% (10)31% (12)Vote
- I'm not sure if I do, I don't notice/pay attention to that14% (2)16% (4)15% (6)Vote
- I've never had a break up36% (5)20% (5)26% (10)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
In your case...
I feel you, the attention is flattering but at the same time it's kinda forced because it's too soon and it's not as genuine since they're only being nice to get with you... or in you pants.
I bet you're getting messages from guys who probably never cared before like: "You want to talk?"
"I'm here if you need someone to"
"Fuck your ex, he's missing out"
.. and bunch of other whiteknight shit.2