Is sex supposed to happen first and then a relationship?

So practically everyone I've known that are in relationships pretty much started off as a run night stand and then they decided to have a relationship. I'm the complete opposite, I try and get to know the girl and take her on dates and yet I have no luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're supposed to date for a while and then have sex, not the other way around.

What Girls Said 7

• I think the relationship should come first, absolutely.

• LoL, no. I do not plan on having sex with my bf at least until we reach the 6-month point in our relationship. I want to know that we can connect on an emotional level before we connect on a physical one.

• In my opinion see shouldn't happen till you marry her but definitely not till you get into a relationship ship at least

• There are no rules. You should do what feels right and natural for the both of you.

• You've had no luck YET ;)

• i think it happens like 50/50 like this, but i'm not sure

• I agree so many people try to make a relationship happen from a one nighter or friends with benefits . I have yet to meet anyone who's had it work out.

There's a lot more to a relationship than sex, that's why people should wait.

What Guys Said 3

• If you want a serious relationship, get to know each other first.
    If you're looking for a fling then by all means do what you want.
    Not to say that relationships can't work if sex comes first but I can't imagine it helps. Make sure the two of you want the same things before doing anything extreme, after all, you could end up with a child by the end of it

• I think that it's safer to have a relationship before sex. If sex happens first people may take decisions in a hurry and well thought decisions usually work better.

• Nothing is supposed between consenting adults: they do as they wish together.