Girls, would you date a guy who was physically weaker than you are?

-Say you are play wrestling and you win easily. You have no doubt that if it were a real fight, you'd TOTALLY kick his butt.

-You arm wrestle and you are like: "Really?" I can beat you THAT easily"?

-You are moving furniture or heavy boxes and can lift more than he can. He can't keep up with you.

-You are walking in the city at night and you realize that you would be better able to defend yourself than he would.

Would you date a guy like that?
Would you prefer to have a man who is stronger than you are and feel protected or is it an old fashioned gender stereotype that the man has to be the stronger partner in the couple?

I'm pretty much THAT guy. Small framed, skinny, very hard to gain much strength or muscle. I do OK socially and date different women but my body type , strength level always seems to be an issue in some way.

Women know from the start I am not a bodybuilder but they are surprised when they realize they might well be stronger.

Not looking for advice on exercise or gaining weight/muscle. I've tried that in the past and I made some progress but it took up most of my life. I'm at a healthy body height/weight ratio, just not built to be that strong and I'm fine with it. Just curious what women think since it's been an issue in some of my relationships.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well... we wouldn't get much accomplished in terms of moving things then lol

But I mean, sure. We'd just hire people to move stuff for us while we hit the gym like crazy so we can lift things ourselves one day!

What Girls Said 6

• I actually have been stronger than a couple of the guys I've dated. I really don't care much if I'm stronger but sometimes they really take it to heart that they're not as strong.

• I wouldn't mind. As long as he's willing to try and be physically protective if needed.

• hell yeah i would date him

• Honestly, no. He can be more vulnerable but I don't want him to be physically weaker than me. Sorry. But in reality, I'm not that strong though, so it won't be hard to be stronger than me. The hardest I have ever done was to lift up a gallon of water from downstairs Lol.

• My personal preference and dream guy is not a guy who is smaller and weaker than I am. But with that being said, if in every other way you were a terrific guy and we had loads in common, I'd be an idiot to not date you because of physical strength (or lack of).

• Of course I would. I'm currently not and it's really nice having a gym partner to come with me every day finally but that's not the most important thing... As long as you aren't lazy and don't complain when we have to pack up and move heavy objects like a girl typically would.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm essentially that guy. My crush and I were working together and it was just us and her boss was leaving and he remarked sarcastically 'don't worry, if anyone breaks in he's here to protect you' while simultaneously squeezing my bicep to which she remarked 'please, I'd be the one protecting him' which caused me to die a little inside. Lmao I don't personally care that much about my small muscles but I know a lot of women prefer stronger guys so I felt really uncomfortable.

• Ouch. Did she say it in a playful way or more sarcastic? Do you get along otherwise?

• She was being playful and I playfully flipped her off when the boss left it was just embarrassing as hell.