A guy turned me down after he found out my social rank in the school?

It's been back and fourth flirting for a few weeks with the guy in one of my classes and he's been too nervous to ask me out so I messaged him on Facebook and we've been chatting. He's one of the very popular guys at school.

I've changed a lot and I've come out of an abusive situation at home. Lost 70lbs, no braces, acne cleared up, positive attitude and better dressing. I've totally come into my own person. You see, I've changed so much that people that weren't in classes with me every single year had no idea who I was once they saw te new me and this is the thing with the guy. Flirting and he's been shy, it was actually quite cute.

Today I messaged him and he replied.. wow you've really got some balls, you're obviously going through something and I don't want to be apart of it now that I've finally figured out who you are. Stop messaging me and leave me alone. It's like he was embarrassed that he was attracted to someone that WAS at such a low social standard and how dare I flirt with him and lead him on, that he's supposedly so out of my league (stupid immature highschool boy, so much to learn in life).

Lol anyways, if he tries to approach me in person or puts me down what should I do? What should I do/ think in this situation. He was a into me..

Most Helpful Guy

• Just say you don't deal with little boys and walk away.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not sure what you can do.

But I'd bet 10,000 he regrets turning you down within 10 years.

Glad you're turning things around, life is going to keep getting better.

• He did you a favor, tell him to grow up.

• Are you still in high school?

• Yes! Lol

• Well wait till ur in college cause thats a new slate n thank god ur not with that douche bag lol

What Girls Said 4

• ask him how he thinks being popular in high school is going help him achieve anything in the real world. After school nobody is going to care how many friends you had at high school or how many people you had chasing after you. Tell him he's pathetic and that he just lost a great girl over something that won't even matter once high school is over.

Social ladders are so f*ing stupid.

• honestly what he said to you is just unacceptable, but don't even worry about it, girl. there are so many douche bags in high school. even the girls who might seem perfect and untouchable have probably been screwed over by guys multiple times... at the same time there are genuinely kind, decent guys who will treat their girlfriends like princesses. so hold out for one of those guys because it sounds like you are on a great path and deserve someone great.

• If he tries to put you down, laugh and say "Real funny, princess, but I don't really give a fuck that you dont like me because I am not a basic bitch like you." You don't need that basic bitch in your life.
    Be like my profile picture! Awesome!
    xD
    (Btw, I'm a freshman in high school and god damn half these guys are idiots. Like really, they care about social standards? Ugh.)

• same thing happened to me.. i am 32.. and the guy is 33.. shallow people never change !!