Personality or looks?

Im sure tons of ladies have asked this before. but im genuinely clueless whats going on in the back of a guys mind. here's a better way to put it lets say you see a girl in your circle of friends you talk to her and you are instantly star struck. would you first feel attracted because of her appearance/what she was wearing. or would her personality win you over?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I automatically filter out girls who are too attractive. If i'm really attracted to them physically I just ignore them completely because I know i'm never going to be with them. Generally I tend to look for a 4 or a 5 because they'll be much more forgiving to bad social skills. Having a great personality would be awesome but girls with great personalities also aren't interested in me.

What Guys Said 5

• They're both equally important.

Her looks get me initially interested but the only thing that keeps me around is her personality.

• Looks would catch my eye, but personality would win me over. If we were in a circle of friends and we just ended up talking because of our proximity (not because you caught my eye with looks) then personality would be even more here. As long as you meet a baseline level of physical attractiveness then anything can happen with the help of personality.

• Looks are the bait, personality is what reels us in.

But a good personality can mean many things, it depends on what the guy thinks is good personality.

• We want to talk to the girl because of her looks. We continue to talk to her because of her personality.

• Thanks for your honesty guys. of course I was expecting looks to matter a bit. but suppose the girl has cosmetic imperfections like not everyone has the straightest teeth but may have the best heart.

• The willingness to overlook imperfections is strictly subjective. However normal men don't usually notice small stuff. We're swimming in adrenaline for talking to you. In the beginning we won't notice if you have horns hidden. Later we calm down and if we are around we wouldn't care if we discover something not-perfect. (CAUTION: Does not apply to assholes)

• personality of course. now sure, i'm human enough that looks may sucker me in a bit, but I'm a soul who seeks a soul companion and looks have nothing to do with that.

What Girls Said 1

• Looks capture the eye, personality captures the heart.