Would you date a virgin?

This is a really controversial topic anyway, but most of the time (and in no means am I saying most guys) run away if they find out the girl that they're seeing is a virgin. is it because you think you aren't good enough or just plain out don't want to have that pressure. what would you do in that situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know about "MOST" guys running away from a female virgin but...

For one, it could be dealing with the "Breaking-In" factor. From what I understand most if not all girls can find it painful, and being the guy who could potentially not "break her in" right and ruin sex or leave a bad first impression is a huge chance we are simply not willing to take.

Second would be a possible attachment factor..."your my first and last lets get married!"

Third might be similar to the first reason in that she lacks experience...

REALLY though, I think most of us would prefer a virgin, less likely to have STDs, Less likely to control us in bed, less likely to be a guy that decided he wanted to be a girl... less likely to back out or complain if we don't produce amazing results...

In a sense we are taking away your innocence, and turning you into a woman. Most tend to feel privileged to have that honor.

"What would you do in that situation?"
    Well... for me if I had that opportunity and if the girl seemed willing to give me that opportunity, I probably would take it, I might feel a little intimidated if it seemingly went to shit though.

What Guys Said 24

• The only reason I know of avoiding a virgin girl is because we don't want a serious relationship and we don't want to hurt you knowing all girls want "the first time to be with someone special". We can be assholes, but that's too far even for us. But as someone who has been there I guarantee you if the guy geniunely likes you he wouldn't mind. Hell, he'll be estatic he's your first.

• Definitely. I would be curious to know the whole story behind it but I wouldn't think less of the person if they were.

• If that was a matter then everyone on the earth would be virgin. img3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../FACEPALM.png

• Thats one of the best traits in a girl. Shows she got morals and values and no STDs

• Why would I not?

• Pressure? I don't know lol.

• Pressure about?

Are you saying that men perhaps would not want to date a less sexually experienced women?

For some of us that does indeed ring true, I however do not.

• I am totally fine dating a virgin. I have dated two previous virgins. It seems the older someone gets the less interested they are in virgins. For me it doesn't matter either way and is in no way a deal breaker for anything. Just something about the person I am interested in.

• That's nice to hear. you hear all these stories about guys being guys. (Not a bad thing) lol

• Being guys? Haha I mean I was of course a virgin once, I once had my first kiss etc. I see no problem with someone else being in that position. It can be kinda fun even.

• That's the holy grail, female virginity is a desirable trait.

• Really? Ahahaha.

• Yeah, the more men a women has slept with, the more she devalues herself as relationship material, a girl doesn't have to be a virgin, but the less dick she has taken the better.

• Actually virginity is a deal breaker for me and not in the way you think. I actually only date virgins. Yeah.

Being a virgin myself, I will only lose my virginity to another virgin. If I am sharing myself for the first time with no memory of anyone else I have had sex with, I expect the same on her behalf. It is fair and mutual that way, plus ther is nothing better than taking each other's virginities. It is a give and take situation.

• That's a way to go about it. I agree!

• Fudge, I'd prefer it. Call me low self-esteem, but I don't wanna be compared to anyone. But seriously, I can't honestly say I can respect a girl who sleeps around much. But if a girl does what she can to protect her chastity, I can respect that. Doing that is hard, especially nowadays, and sure to make her husband (if she marries) a pretty dang happy guy.

• I don't see why not. Virgin or not, I imagine it would change very little about the relationship and how I feel about her.

• Sure, I guess so.

• I would rather date a virgin but that's because I'm also a virgin

• For me I had plenty of experiences with girls in early ages but they were just playful ones. As for a real relationship; I have never had a girlfriend & never had sex not even once. I'm a virgin myself in all occasions, because I'm not ready for anything big even though I am at the age of 23 going to 24. As for dating a vurgin girl I would say that I would do anything in my power to make good things happen between me & my girl. The more I know about her being single the more my chances will rise up sky high for me to be her friend now & then her boyfriend at a later date.

• I'd date pretty much any girl. i just want to know what its like to have a gf and it would be nice to be with someone who would cut me slack because i haven't had any relationship experience. If we don't do anything intimate at all though because she's nervous in a period of like 1-2 months then we simply are not in a relationship--its a casual friendship.

• If you are a girl 👧 then of course 😊

• if she was cute enough to date, her being a virgin would be an attractive plus.

• I would prefer her to be a virgin because I'm 120% virgin.

• nope, i prefer most experienced girls

• For a woman to be a virgin, she'd have to be substantially younger than me. And it would depend on the reasons she's a virgin.

• reason being lets say she's not been in a relationship.

• I can't say it'd be a deal breaker, but nothing I'd seek out.

• Go for it. No Means no, yes means yes. That isn't understandable. From's a guys perspective thats means everything.

• Sorry. im slightly confused Hahaha.

• Listen, no is no, yes is yes. Unless they're screaming that crap. but otherwise enjoy.

• Who told you virginity would make a guy run away?

• No one directly told me but its happened to me friends before (I've never been in a relationship so im just making an observation of what I've seen happen thus far) it like scares the guy away it seems. when I mean.. it sometimes makes us feel dirty and of course worthless/not good enough.

• Trust me, it wasn't virginity that made those guys run for the hills. That was just an easy excuse.

• Virginity is not in my rejection list. Come along!

• Why does it honestly matter how people label each other?

• Yes I'd date a Virgin but not a slut.

What Girls Said 9

• only guys ill ever date.

• Can I just query something.

You say you'll only date Virgin men (which is fine assuming you are a Virgin) but will your stance alter when you lose your virginity (again assuming you're a virgin)? If you aren't then say in 20 years time you're single and you meet a man roughly the same age will you reject him for not being a Virgin?

• @lothian
      ok.. didn't c that one coming. like i said, best of luck to u and i appreciate that someone finds my approach to be a good one rather than unreasonable [as many have said].
      byee=]

• @justbanANNAz
      Sweetheart I have the same rule too

• Yepp, I wanna date a virgin. But its so hard finding a nice guy who is also a virgin :(

• listen.

If a guy dumps you because you are a virgin then he is as shallow as a BUNT cake... lol

It would be obvious that he was only dating you to get some 'experienced sex', which is not worth investing time in. If someone loves you then he would love you, and not your sexual status

happy guy hunting :)
    :)

• Yes, I think I wouldn't have any problem with that really, and I haven't dated any virgin yet bit I guess he would have to be at least my same age or a bit older... if not I would feel like the opposite of a cougar. X

• I would. I don't see why not.

• No I would not.

• Why would I not date a virgin? I'm saving sex for marriage so I'd certainly hope whoever I'm with has the same idea.

• I am a virgin and currently dating a virgin

• No never. That's how come nobody in the world ever loses their virginity... Because nobody wants to hit it.