My boyfriend is a baby when he doesn't feel good. Is this normal? Advice?

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we just moved in together after graduating from university.
Last night, he started feeling sick And by 8:30pm he started throwing up. He clearly has the 24 hour virus or food poisoning because he's been vomiting consistently.
Here's the thing- he's such a baby about it. He hates throwing up and he's asked for me to stay with him the whole time so I've been giving him pedialyte, rubbing his back and belly and holding his head.
This is fine, because I obviously love him and he's done the same for me and I'm a nurturing type anyways, but is this normal for men? Are you/they always so sensitive and dramatic when sick? He's a pretty tough athletic guy and right now he's like a small child. Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he's comfortable enough that he can do this

What Guys Said 5

• Try nagging less.

• How am I nagging when I'm doing what he's asked me to do?

• Tell him to grow up and act like a man. If he wants to act like a baby, he should call his mother.

• nah that's normal, men might be stronger physically but when it comes to diseases girls are much, much stronger than us

• when we are sick you being there helps comfort us

• That's very normal :)

What Girls Said 5

• Lol totally normal. Guys revert to toddlerhood when they're sick. They wanna lay all over you and want you to make them feel better. It's pretty cute actually.

• It's normal... very very normal

• He must have a vomiting phobia.
    I'm the same way. I know its ridiculous, but if I'm throwing up, I just want my mom :/ I cry a lot too about it and go into 6 year old mode. You're a good girlfriend c:

I don't think it has much to do with gender.

• Yes my boyfriend is the same way... when he gets a cold he's so overly dramatic. Its annoying lol

• its normal when they get man flu or sick in general they become little cry babies and want to be mothered but when you are sick they aren't very sympathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

this video is so true lmao