What creative jobs are out there?

im a creative person and excellent at sketching/drawing... its my passion but i cannot draw only to make a living... or at least with security... what jobs are there?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me explain something to you i wish someone had told me when i started. This business is competitive. Like, extremely competitive. And thats not really stressing the point enough so let me put it into perspective... There aren't even enough jobs for all the art graduates out there, let alone the ones who haven't gotten their bachelors. I'm graduating this quarter and i'd be lucky to get a job at minimum wage. There is NO security in this business, and there never will be, so be prepared to be overqualified and underpaid, to fight for jobs you're probably too good for, and to suck it up because there aren't really a lot of unions because if you actually band together and complain, they will just fire you and hire someone who doesn't. And this isn't just an individual problem in the applied arts industry, this happens on a massive scale. Rhythm and Hues went bankrupt the same year they won an oscar for Life of Pi. Many of the best artists IN THE WORLD were laid off and had to fight to find new jobs, simply because the studios that hired Rhythm and Hues agreed on a low bid for their projects, had unexpected delays, and expected Rhythm and Hues to bear the costs of the high overhead. If they expected to be compensated for the time and resources wasted, the studios would just find a lower bidder and go with them. If they fired their stable of specialized artists which cost them millions yearly to maintain, they would have never gotten them back. Since they work on proprietary software on high upkeep computer systems that requires a lot of time and specialized training, that wasn't an option so they just hemorrhaged money until they went bankrupt. And that will be you too, if you choose this path. You could spend tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of dollars on software and training and tuition, and never see a cent of that returned because work is so scarce.

What Guys Said 4

• As long as you can create a demand or when there is already a demand for something then there will be a job for it.

People get paid to drink wine... and then they give ratings ratings from 1-100 on them. But I've looked at the ratings and a $900/bottle got a rating of 93 and a $12/bottle got a rating of 91.

But they created a demand for it, and when you create it, people will come.

• McDonald's.

• Architecture perhaps.

• I think build a institute for people who are interested in it

What Girls Said 2

• I would do what I enjoy doing

• There are tons of jobs! I'm actually planning on going to Full Sail University to become an animator. Eventually I want to become an art director for games or movies. Really, if you can think of it, there's a job for it. For example, you could go to school to design light shows for concerts and live shows. You could create advertisements for companies, you could be a graphic designer, you could do concept art, you could work on the story boards for games and TV shows and movies. There are a ton of options, i would suggest going to an art college's website and scrolling through the degrees and courses they offer, it might give you some ideas !