According to you, Who should pay for a date on Valentine's day?

Question is as simple as above but I want to know about how my fellow G@Gers think :)
I've also included a poll,
Thanks ^_^

• Guys
  • Girls
  • One who asked for a date/invited the other
  • Go dutch
  • None of above/other

Most Helpful Girl

• Whoever planned the date. If the guy chooses the place and sets up the night then he should, but if the girl does it, she should.

What Girls Said 4

• whoever wins the fight over who should pay =]
    OR...
    the place that they're at. mmhhhmmm.

• either the person who asked, or split the bill. for some people, it isn't really a he or she asked type deal. sometimes it just comes up and you both agrree that you're gonna go out on v-day. in that case, i would assume the guy would insist on paying. most men do. if not, i think splitting the bill is nice. or at least someone paying for tip if the other one covers the whole bill. try to make it fair.

• I always thought the one who did the inviting should pay. That is unless it's understood you would each pay your own way before hand.

• Neither of us. There's food at my house that my mom made.

What Guys Said 6

• The man always pays for the date. It shows that he is honorable, a provider, and willing to take care of her. These days women like to be independent, not needing a man's help, but this is the wrong attitude. Women are the weaker sex. That is a patently obvious truth. I see the results of the equality doctrine and it breaks my heart- it teaches young men to not be men, and young women to not be women, deviating from their gender roles.

A woman must know her man loves her, protects her. Wants to shield her from this cruel world, and die for her, if need be. There are no exceptions, every woman wants to be protected and feel safe. The ones who feel like they have their world in control are giving themselves a false sense of security, and that is sad. Nobody is ever truly in control of their world.

But that is what a loving, caring husband does for his wife. He understands that he cannot live without her, and as the stronger male he (traditionally) works to keep her safe and secure.

I know that many men do not even consider this, and it spurns the idea that a woman must be "independent". But in doing so, I believe she walls off her heart to him- and he may not even be aware that she has a heart that needs to be protected at all.

I said all that to say, that a man who does not pay for every meal is not showing his possible future mate, that he is willing to provide- and women don't seem to mind.

But in my mind, and heart, this is a terrible tragedy, as we have deviated so far from our gender roles. It is a sad fact to me.

• For Valentine's? The guy pays ;-) call me old school but I'd keep it that way UNLESS the girl want's to go dutch or insists on paying.

The idea of Valentine's day is to make it special for her. Most time for the girl it's about how you make it special for her, how you treat her and payment isn't necessarily a part of it.

So I'd always respect how she wants it.

The other part is @Betwyn 's question where I stand enlightened about http://www.officialsteakandblowjobday.com/ i. e. March 14 :-D

• I'd be fine with paying since it would probably be me who planned it

• I would insist on paying since I would most likely invite her and because it's good manners! :)

• Pay separately