How to ease into topics in your relationship?

I've been with my boyfriend for three years now. In 2013 he proposed, I said yes. I know my health don't help our situation, as last year we were supposed to the tie the knot. He distances himself from certain topics. Marriage and our financials. I understand and agree we need to be financial set before getting married. But as soon as I ask him for example the ceremony spot he becomes super angry and starts to yell. He knows I'm not booking anything or putting down payments on it.
Which this brings me to the second part. As I said above my health is in bad shape. We currently spend close to $250 a month in doctors visits and prescriptions. He won't include me in the financial aspect of the relationship. So this means my doctors visits and prescriptions can only be made and purchased when he says make your appointments. When I tell him I have made my appointment but its only on this day, he yells at me again because its too late in the month. He knows my cardiovascular surgeon is only in the office closest to our house one time a month.( still a half hour) one way.
How do I get him to be more open about our financial aspect? What would you do?
Sorry this was so long, its been bothering me for the last year.

Most Helpful Guy

• This sounds like a very volatile relationship. In this short question you mentioned him yelling at you several times. You need to... not get married. There are plenty of good men who will be there for you and take care of you while you are sick. He doesn't seem to be one of them.

• I know I'm only 22 but I've already been threw a divorce. The guy was abusive physically. He really hurt me. I can use my legs buy cannot feel nothing from the shins down and they are ice cold to the touch. Who really wants to take on that burden knowing I'm 22 with severe health issues. As soon as I say it they run and never call back. I'm not bed ridden just the daily activities are difficult. And grocery shopping is impossible. I love him just wish he wouldn't be so angry. Its like he has resentment towards me.

• Keep me posted, I'm available to talk if you ever need to.

• Thanks shit is just stressful. Found out Friday I need a implant for my heart and he freaked. Didn't yell but just looked like he seen a ghost. All white and just stood there
      Guess it was the shock.

What Guys Said 2

• I suppose you both shouldn't get married. You deserve better.

• None of my business i know you care about this man but when are you going say well i took enough of his selfishness it's time for me to move on or am I missing something here?

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah... you two should not get married. Ever.

• break it off. he's not good to you. yelling at you about doctors appointments is complete bullshit. you can do better.

• I'd call it off. That's just a glimpse of how you're gonna be treated. He's crazy controlling.