Do all guys trash their ex to the next girl?

I've noticed that guys will say stuff like "my ex was psycho" "my ex was (insert horrific quality here) etc... For me, regardless of whether or not they were actually like that, it just seems disrespectful. I couldn't do that to someone, even if they hurt me really bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of my guy friends I know, actually do that. The reason is simple. They have a lot of bad personal qualities (I can see them), but rather than say they have a problem with X or Y they need to get better at, it is much easier to blame everything on the ex-. If she's crazy, well, then there is no helping that.

Drawing attention away from themselves and deflecting bad characteristics are a way they can put their best foot forward in the new relationship. Of course, a clever girl will know whats up.

What Guys Said 4

• Its one thing to trash talk an ex, its another thing to say the truth. I tend to avoid talks about exes, period. Also, trash talking an ex is kind of a red flag as well, if you are with anyone who does that and repeatedly too, you should start watching out because it usually means they usually aren't over them, and if you aren't careful, you may be next in line.

• There are guys out there who take break-ups quite badly ^^'. And no other relationship will help them get over it unless that curren't person ceases to exist :)

Happy Valentine's day ^^

• Happy Valentine's day

• No. If im with someone else my ex no longer matters tbh

• No not all guys do that

What Girls Said 1

• only the guys who haven't gotten over their ex do this.